• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

who has some good clutching upgrades for a 2011 apex 128

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder 2011 vector gt 2010 fx nytro 2009 vector gt
I just bought a new 2011 left over apex 128" all stock and 153 1.325 studs in the track, anyone have any good clutching upgrades for it. I mostly do trail riding and some occasional wot runs on the lakes. thanks for the advice

polarisjackass said:
on mine 2012 apex se i put new yamaha primary sping blue pink blue its helps with on @ off throttle plus better whole shot
What are your top end RPM's with that spring? I'd think they would be way low.

Super Sled said:
I'd like to see a guy try Super Rats on the 2011+ Apex.....
I'd like to see some testing with those rat's against one of the other popular setups. It's so hard to tell by seat of the pants... I haven't seen anyone run them on the same day back to back against anything else to see how they measure up. Maybe by the end of this season they will get more visibility.

Have tried Rats and it was a toss up after spending a day with them compared to our general clutch kit on a 2011 Apex 128".

Srxspec said:
Have tried Rats and it was a toss up after spending a day with them compared to our general clutch kit on a 2011 Apex 128".

That seems to be the general feedback. Another good option, but not necessarily better than anything else out there today. Thanks Allen!

If we ever get some snow ill let you know what I think, I just bought a bender kit with them from another member on here. I don't know much about rats, normally its supertips or heavy hitters i havehave used, this should be interesting..

Sorry but Ulmer kit, because of the supertips isnt the best for 2011.
The flyweights curve is too agressive. The 2011 loves to be sit a lower RPM to push harder.
Push better at 10200-10400. Over this, the motor push, but the track dont want to push.

Maybe, Ulmer kit can be good with a new setup...

BUT, we trust in the G helix for 2011-12.
2010 flyweights are good too.

And we always compare 2011 Apex against my 2010 with Ulmer stage 2.
0-600 I'm ahead and the 2011 pass over 160km/h.

Srxspec said:

Did you use stock helix and springs setup with just adjusting the rats only, or were there other changes?

nailsandrails said:
polarisjackass said:
on mine 2012 apex se i put new yamaha primary sping blue pink blue its helps with on @ off throttle plus better whole shot
What are your top end RPM's with that spring? I'd think they would be way low.
10900 stock now with B P B 10700 on the same day. i was told to try this at bender racing [jerry] in zurich ontario

FireStone said:
Sorry but Ulmer kit, because of the supertips isnt the best for 2011.
The flyweights curve is too agressive. The 2011 loves to be sit a lower RPM to push harder.
Push better at 10200-10400. Over this, the motor push, but the track dont want to push.

Maybe, Ulmer kit can be good with a new setup...

BUT, we trust in the G helix for 2011-12.
2010 flyweights are good too.

And we always compare 2011 Apex against my 2010 with Ulmer stage 2.
0-600 I'm ahead and the 2011 pass over 160km/h.

If your sled is not pulling on top end then you need to put more tip weight in it and make it work. That is the beauty of adjustable weights, you can make them react however you want.

Allen, I know what you explain, but I'm not the 2011 owner, so I did some test, but the owner wanted to try something else...
Maybe I'll take the 2011 a day lonely and test a full day with your explanations.
Thanks

Back