• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who has went from Ski-doo to Yamaha and what was your reason

lucky_7 said:
sedz said:
I came off a 2004 doo 600 sdi that was a total lemon! Almost everything that could have gone wrong with it did, 6 new injectors, fuel pump broke clogging fuel line when heading into ramp(easily could have killed me if it happened a second later). Cracked boots, fouling plugs constantly, 2 driveshafts. It either ran flawless or suddenly not at all with no warning.

I can deal with the wear and tear probems but the motor issues are totally unacceptable. My sled spent almost every 2nd weekend since 04 at the dealer and sometimes took weeks for them to find the motor problems! I only get to ride on weekends and not having a sled for most of the year was the most frustrating thing ever.

Switched to yamaha for durability and the reliable 4 stroke powerplant. Chassis also has way better ergos then the rev, don't feel as cramped. Oddly enough the guy I sold my rev to blew the motor on his second ride...so long 2 stroke.

Funny you mention hittin ramps, there is no way I will be hittin my 8ft ramp on the nytro. Trail sleds are not ment to hit ramps! Will leave it to the 440 snopros.

Did you see the x-games last night?? Fella pulled a loop on the Nytro!

You mean someone actually did a back flip on a Nytro?? I only watched the metal round, and it was all Polaris. Man those new Polaris race sleds are wicked fast and look stable in the rough #*$&@. I really thought abfter the Fusion, Polaris was going to fall straight on their face.

lucky_7 said:
Oh yeah...only 4-stroke in the bunch and looped the first kicker. Looked good. He lost, but looked good in the process.

I didn't see Cory Davis flip. I was watchin online and it kept cutting out on me.

He definatly was not riding a 'consumer' nytro, hes on the factory race sled which is built to take the abuse. Sure u could ramp a stock nytro but its just going to fall apart like any other consumer sled.

I switched over from Doo. I rode a 2003 Rev 600HO and had many of the issues everyone else had (rings, MPG, etc). I loved that sled but always wondered when it was going to breakdown on me.

Engine reliability is the #1 reason and not far behind is the rep that Yamaha has standing behind their products.

I love my Nytro RTX ;)!

I made the switch because I wanted to try a four stroke for the reliability, low maintenance, fuel mileage and to not have to carry oil on long trips. BRP couldn't offer this so I made the switch. No going back to a two stroke for me.

Back