• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is Happy with their Nytro???? Tell me!

I absolutely can't say enough about my 09 xtx. Love the power, torque and how quiet it is. Hell i even like how the reverse is set up, my renegade every time you push the reverse button you pray the sled doesn't stall. I also like the fact that you can ride the sled all day and not smell like you took a bath in the exhaust fumes. Sure the sled is a little heavier but i knew that when i bought it .My son rides the renegade now and i don't even want to sit on it. It took a while to get the sled set up to handle the way i wanted it ,but now i love how it rides. By the way i really need to thank Sj and everyone else that has shared their set-ups. This site by far has helped me out the most for getting my sled tunned into how i like to ride my sled. Thanks

Like My Nytro

Been a great sled,,on the heavy side yes,,but has never left me on the trail...been racing them on the Iron Dog,,pretty tough sled,,,have bought 6 of them the past couple years..all RTX's and SE's....with some proper tunning they handle very well...does well on gas,nice speed,awesome low end,...think we'll be running the 2011 Iron Dog with them...as long as our great sponsors say yes....

what's not to love , It's amazing sled. I went from a 02 sx viper to the 08 fxnytro and there is no comparison and the viper was sweet. I just love it.

09 XTX

It has taken me the whole year to finally get it set up.
I will upgrade skis once I see the new Apex ones this fall.
Yes it has downsides like icing(a problem on rides longer than a day)but I carry an ice pick and ten mins it is mostly off.
Cold hands, not sure about the upgrades.
One non start frozen fuel relay and inaccessable position.
Other than that there is nothing better if you are an aggressive rider. This machine cannot be driven any other way and I am in my 50's coming off an 01 600 SXR. I love to ride mainly standing and now I have the clickers finally working I wish there was more snow. Probably last ride tomorrow unless we get another dump.
Dealer has been great, on 3rd set of slider as poor snow ate one at 520 kms, 2nd about 1200 and the last has been on for 4000km! and still good for a few more rides. ODO almost 6000km from end of Jan till today!
It is reliable and I drove a number of other current sleds and they cannot compete on all fronts. Yamaha is #1 for fit, finish, reliability and resale for good reason. Plus they are the best looking sleds hand down.

Attachments

• Nytro closeup.jpg
    Nytro closeup.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 68
I'm very happy with my 08 FX Nytro.
I come from 40+ years of riding nothing but Arctic Cats. What a change! It's a great sled! The people that are bashing Yamaha or the Nytro need to spend some time with other sleds. Or at least spend some time on other manufacturer's forums to see what real problems are. I just didn't know any better. I spent the last 40+ years traveling to the dealer for parts on Monday after the weekend ride.
People also need to remember that this sled was developed for snocross racing. It takes a certain level of talent to control the FX Nytro. Mine threw me off twice the first weekend I rode it (lol). I just got back on and learned how to ride it, and I love it! I take pride that I ride an "08". Is it high strung. Yes! It's the closest to the race set up! It has scared the beegeebers out of me a couple of times, but my F1000 gives me a scare almost daily in the handling department.
Also my advice to those with wet left feet! Wear proper clothing including waterproof boots, you're snowmobiling!
Sorry just venting. :die

Absolutely love the stand up riding position(I'm 90% standing). Love that low and mid range pull! Only issues for me are really non-issues, which include; I wish it had more top end(I hate getting beat by my big mouth buddy's F1000), and I wish I rode with another SE to compare suspension set up notes. I'm just not really sure how or if I need to dial it in. Overall, I love this sled. 2 things happen when I switch sleds with people; they love mine, and I hate theirs(although I don't say that to them).

I and my brother, both have 08's and love them. Gas and go this winter for him, I am a tinkerer so I put some aftermarket parts in mine to improve it. I think he has 3200+ miles and I have 2800 miles. Only prob I had was bad subframe (welded wrong), and lower ball joints, and now I got the exhaust rattles. My bro had lower ball joints, and exhaust donuts. He was getting sick of fixing his f7, so I got him to try my nytro, one ride and he wanted to buy one, lol. Are there things Yami can fix....hell ya, but they all have their quirks..........

Love the aggressive seating position of my Nytro XTX, several performance mods allowed it be quicker then my Apex 0-100mph. Can't see myself owning different sled at this point. I feel this sled suits me very well. Only wish Yamaha had set up their shocks better from factory, bigger gas tank (additional gallon) and added a bit more cushion to the seats for stutter bump absorption... As much as I was tempted to purchase the new E-tec 800 next year there is no way i will ever own another 2 stroke. After riding an '10 Rev XP yesterday there is nothing that excites me about it other then shock calibrations doo uses. The sad part is it later broke down on my buddy as the heat exchanger ripped of the tunnel and got chewed up by track studs, luckly did not harm the motor. I also do know my Nytro does make a good tow truck for ski doo's and cats!

Well, I just got done doing a 600 mile weekend on my '09 XTX on some pretty good and some really bad riding conditions (to be expected at this time of the year). I put 1800 miles on my sled this year, but this weekend was the first one where I really got to put it to the test since I was riding with 8 other guys instead of the usual couples weekends.

First I'd like to say that I had zero mechanical or reliability issues with my sled. Nothing broke or bent, it started every time, I'm still on my original belt and the original slides which is amazing considering the some of the conditions we had to ride in this weekend (bare road and , trails). I was very happy in that respect. Not sure how I got so lucky and didn't have any of the issues alot of other people had with their sleds. I consider my self a pretty aggressive rider and ride my sled pretty hard.

There was a point this weekend though when I really wondered how much I liked this sled. I really took a beating on the many miles of stutter bumps we rode, and didn't feel confident when pushing the sled thru the tight and twisty trails we were riding, especially after the soft snow set up later in the day. I am hoping that a new set of skis (I still have the stock skis with Woody's Duelies on them), and revalving the shocks next year will help me enjoy this sled more, because I love everything else about this sled.

So, hopefully by this time next year I will have a more positive report on my sled. I think I am done for the year unless we get another real good dumping.

i have a 09 RTX i bought last fall. I ended up with 1800 miles for season. At first i hated the sled, coming off a RX1. After many suspension tweaks i ended the last month of riding pretty happy, with exception of the track ratcheting or skipping. I keep my track as tight as it will go as well. I have 192 studs in the track.

-Front limiter strap as short as it will go
-Rear limiter strap as short as it will go
-slowed down rebound on front rear shock
-75lbs in the floats
-Installed Yamaheaters -- they work awesome, but Yamaha should have made the handwarmers work from the beginning.
-Installed Sledstart - very good

Now that it is off-season, i have it torn apart in my shop.

-Drive axle is out and I turned the drivers down on the lathe to true them up, i had to take 0.180" off to get all the drivers true. I checked the axle itself and it was not bent. This is probably most of the issue of the track skipping issues everyone is having. When we used to true up the drives on the SRXs we only had to take 0.080 max off. This is a poor design or workmanship from Yamahas supplier.
-Drive Axle bearings - both sides are bad -- most likely from the drive assy being so far out of true.
- Adding a 4th wheel to the rear bogies
-Replacing the hyfax - it is junk partially due to the track having to be so damn tight.
-adding some wheels to help hyfax wear, I like the ones FIX Powersports has but havnet decided yet. Plan to put two sets, one up front by the bent rails and one in the middle
-I bought some of the adjustable transfer blocks from Ulmar Racing to help on the weight transfer and keeping the front end on the ground
-My track adjusters are both bent for the second time this season

I am hoping after all of this work i will be really happy with the sled next year. It has a ton of torque and is quick. That suspension is really finicky to set up as well.

this is my 2 cents...

I'm in love with my sled. I got a feel for my snowmobile!

08 Nytro RTX. 2200 trouble free KMs for me this season,
and the first year without a seized engine in the end of the season.

Love my Nytro XTX, especially since adding boost, really brought it alive. Love the way you can stand up and move around on it. Its good on a 300 mile a day trail ride and even better off in the powder. It does well out west also.

gapl1953 said:
I take pride that I ride an "08".
Lmao. I feel the same way. My 08 is a blast to ride. A certain % of people who bought the 08's apparantly couldn't figure out
the handling. I can't speak for the 09's and 10's with newer geometry, but the 08's are very quick and precise to turn. Steering
effort for the rider can be a bit much at slower speeds, but the harder you ride it the easier it gets and more fun it is......

On a side note: After riding the 2011 EPS Apex's I would love to see what EPS could do to the Nytro.

Back