• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who ordered?

I agree i tried getting the 23 srx with no luck. I would of tried again this year but not a fan of the black and gold. Interested to see how the new skidoo 850 turbo holds up.Might be an option in the future.
I ended up ordering 2 2023 srxs this week. Might be an option for you? Cheaper then the 2024s. I don't mind the black and gold but like the blue better.

My 22 has eps and atac. The same exact sled with trail blazer option was $17,745. 2024 same sled with new stickers is $23k. How do they sleep at night?
Well, let's say for example they sold 10 sleds three years ago with a 10% margin.
Next year they sell, for example, 5 sleds with a 20% margin.
Bottom line remains the same, although they won't be challenging for number one in sales volumes and their dealers won't be selling as many parts down the road.
All in all however, I'd say they're sleeping just fine.

Bought a viper 4-5 years ago. Thought the Yamaha name was a good one to start getting back into snowmobiling. Got adventurous and put a turbo on it with some bad advice from one of the more popular tuners here. The Viper blew up. I got it fixed, left it NA and waited patiently for Yamaha to fix the known issues with the Sidewinder and perhaps show some innovation. Spent some time on a Polaris in the meantime while I waited.

Well as many have voiced here, the writing is on the wall. Yamaha seems to be happy to rehash the same sled and sell only to the most dedicated blue fans. They know those dwindling dedicated will pay top dollar so that's what they're charging.

My time, patience ran out and Skidoo got my money for a snow check this year. Shame really for all the time spent by really smart riders to make the sidewinder a monster on the lake and trails. Yamaha just isn't doing their part.

Last edited:
Finally got a sled pre-order confirmation yesterday. In all that mess Friday I actually got 2 payments thru on a LTX GT. One in the 600 range and one in 2300 range for order of appearance. Should call and cancel the late 1 or the wife will boot me out.

I ordered some foam to raise my Apex's seat a bit and will follow up with a 2.5" handlebar riser. I'm in pretty deep I know but can't resist trying to perfect the sled I already own. The last sled I pre-ordered was an '05 Vector. It wasn't a mistake. The sled never let me down in 13 years of service. In retrospect I think the first gen 4-strokes were a bargain. You were getting so much more engine for your money than a comparable 2-stroke and back then the difference in chassis technology was less than it is today. So here I am at 62 and could take any leap of faith and money I choose and my choice is the first sentence in this post.

My local dealer told me he had (16) customers who tried to order Yamaha’s and only (2) received confirmation that they got one.

My local dealer told me he had (16) customers who tried to order Yamaha’s and only (2) received confirmation that they got one.
THIS is exactly what the manufacture wants IMO. They can not loose money in this situation the way the market is. AND the dealers do well in this situation.. So the 14 that didn't get want they wanted> what do they do? They go to a dealer and outbid the 25 guys on a waiting list for sleds? Crazy times

What does a manufacturer gain by creating a bidding war at the dealer? The price the manufacturer sells to dealers is fixed in the dealer contract, typically as a discount from the suggested retail (published) price. You are saying that the manufacturer is holding back inventory so that they can create a frenzy and then turn around and sell the remaining inventory at the same published price? If they had inventory / capacity to manufacture and they have the demand, why wouldn't they simply accept all the orders.

THIS is exactly what the manufacture wants IMO. They can not loose money in this situation the way the market is. AND the dealers do well in this situation.. So the 14 that didn't get want they wanted> what do they do? They go to a dealer and outbid the 25 guys on a waiting list for sleds? Crazy times
Or they go and buy a skidoo.
If those 14 were willing to pay full retail price then yamaha and cat need to fill their orders.

What does a manufacturer gain by creating a bidding war at the dealer? The price the manufacturer sells to dealers is fixed in the dealer contract, typically as a discount from the suggested retail (published) price. You are saying that the manufacturer is holding back inventory so that they can create a frenzy and then turn around and sell the remaining inventory at the same published price? If they had inventory / capacity to manufacture and they have the demand, why wouldn't they simply accept all the orders.
Im saying the manufacture and dealers are sitting in a good situation AND are taking advantage of it! Its not a buyers market at all. Nothing more.. If guys have the money and want to pay MSRP and lots of add on fees, go for it..

Well, let's say for example they sold 10 sleds three years ago with a 10% margin.
Next year they sell, for example, 5 sleds with a 20% margin.
Bottom line remains the same, although they won't be challenging for number one in sales volumes and their dealers won't be selling as many parts down the road.
All in all however, I'd say they're sleeping just fine.
My above scenario wouldn't sit well with shareholders in a publicly traded company however. Companies that can't grow usually get punished by the market even if they are profitable.

AND this whole thing will help dealers, I might be in the market for a Cat this next winter.. And maybe I shop dealers with inventory mid season? Guessing we may see more inventory available at dealers this next season..

Back