• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who ordered?

I am not sure where you guys are located, but there are a lot of leftovers of all brands in Ontario dealers and Quebec. I also heard in New York is even worse. I have seen 22 Polaris's on the dealer floors. BRP cut the commodity charge but did raise the price.

In saying this, I decided to try something else and ordered a 2024 XRS 900R Renegade. No SS Shocks and no 10" gauge. 4000.00 CDN cheaper then an SRX or TCAT in Ontario, Canada.
Ordered the same configuration. Don't trust SS or that gauge long term.

Doo cheaper but compare standard options. then there not far off
Well a Rene 900r XRS is $21k CDN. The next comparable non-EPS Winder is the LTX SE at $24.5K and XTX SE at $25K. That's a big jump. Too big for me, not that it sounds like I could get one of if I had wanted one Not sure what options are missing on Doo that Winder has that justifies a 20% premium?

Are there Yamaha dealers here in Canada that sell other manufacturers? I'm assuming that It's driving them absolutely crazy only being able to sell a couple of units in the season. How do you pay the bills on two new sales?

Last edited:
But, you can order a Doo. Most of us never had a chance to order a Yamaha.

You can order a 900R X for under $17k. XRS with smart shox was just under $20k.

XRS with smart shox was just under $20k.
If I ordered a 900R, I think I would NOT get the smart shocks. I have heard too many problems with them. Guy at work has one and is not impressed.

You could have this?? Seems like a steal for a 130 HP sled? :eek:.

2024 Arctic Cat ZR 600 R-XC 137 ES •​

MSRP: $16,499

Documentation: $339

Freight/Setup/Prep: $1099

Tax: 5.5% ($986.54)

Total: $18,923.54

You could have this?? Seems like a steal for a 130 HP sled? :eek:.

2024 Arctic Cat ZR 600 R-XC 137 ES •​

MSRP: $16,499

Documentation: $339

Freight/Setup/Prep: $1099

Tax: 5.5% ($986.54)

Total: $18,923.54
That is crazy money for a 600.

If I ordered a 900R, I think I would NOT get the smart shocks. I have heard too many problems with them. Guy at work has one and is not impressed.
I did not order SS. I don’t trust them long term, and the dealer I ordered from recommended not getting them if you keep the sled more that a couple seasons. He said they will be expensive to repair as they age.

I did not order SS. I don’t trust them long term, and the dealer I ordered from recommended not getting them if you keep the sled more that a couple seasons. He said they will be expensive to repair as they age.
So you would recommend 4 year warranty for those who choose them.Was your dealer in the Essex jct area.One or two more seasons I will be looking at a left over or lightly used Skidoo.

From what a skidoo rep explained to me ,the 1st year of factory warranty the entire SS system is covered .the 2nd through 4th year , the “best”warranty will cover the electrical or sensor part of the system only.the shock assemblies are not covered.Doo talk had a discussion on the two different warranties, based on the year of coverage ,through 4 years

The doo 900r Xrs is not similarly equipped imo, no heated seat, no 12volt outlet, no helmet outlet, no bag, no custom driver suspension settings, no power steering, and probably a couple other things. Sorry, nice sled but lacks in a few area’s When compared side by side, again imo.

Back