• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who put Gauages on Handle Bars

RX-1 Moose

Expert
I want to do WildChilds Rider Forward and get rid of my Light & Pod off the hood. Thinking about putting the speedo in the hole left from the forward design but I have my Boost/Pyro & Air/Fuel gauages to mount so I don't have any wires on my hood. Just would like some ideas (Pic's) if possible to see what others have done. :Rockon:

Thanks ;)!

I have my guages (except the stock guage) mounted at the top of my steering post. I figure If I remove the hood or go to a LW hood I can use just my aftermarket guages which include a wideband O2 and a daytona guage that includes the water temp,blower oil temp, time, voltage, and rpm. Here's a picture of my guages close up on the temporary bracket (to see how I like the placement) and a picture of the sled (guages just visible at the bottom of the Fly riser).

Jim

Attachments

• BlgsRX%2D1mtnSC4%2Ejpg.jpg
    BlgsRX%2D1mtnSC4%2Ejpg.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 74
  • BlgsRX-1mtnSC1.jpg
    BlgsRX-1mtnSC1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 83
4strokes are better than2 Thanks,
That is more what I am looking for. Do you have any more Pic's? I did not see any on the Website you gave.
I order the steering reocation kit from Wildchild with a 3" taller steering post so I think I will put the speedo in the hole left behind then put my 2 guages Air/Fuel & Boost/Pyro on the bars like in the pics. I am going to remove my headlight pod also and thinking about mounting a light on the bars with my guages. What do you think? I like the look of what some of the other guy's have done and I bet it saves alot of money because you don't have to spend $450.00 for a light weight hood.
If anyone has more Pic's that would be great. :Rockon:

CM has a cool idea for a light mount, he mounted a light onto the master cylinder with velcro (sp). When not needed, put it in your backpack. I have a cyclops light that goes on top of the helment. I also have the powderlight/alpine gauge holder, works great when going up hill the gauges are just in great site. Buddy that builds tunnels likes to mount his just about the fuel cap, what a pain in the #*$&@ to see the tach/speedo. If your are wanting to get rid of your headligh assembly, www.MountianMod.com makes a windshield that somewhat looks like the factory headlight but no holes, and CPR Simons has headlight decals. That's what I did with mine, but a fiberglass hood. From the front it somewhat looks stock, had a few people look behind the windshield looking for the wires, but only to find a turbo. I don't know how to post pics, but I can e@mail you pics if you pm your address.

Back