• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT? FASTER THAN A TURBO CAT

What really impressed me in that magazine was the mountain sled test. The Nytro MTX with the Turbo weighed in quite a bit lighter than the M1100 Turbo.

pwa said:
LJ 452 said:
japex said:
Non issue, all sleds make more hp when broken in, and as stated in article all sleds had over 300 miles.

Takes an Apex about 1000, to 1500 miles to fully loosen up. At least it did for mine. Couldn't get the RPM's to 10,600 or above until after 1000.

On my M8 it took the time from when I start to push the throttle to it hit the bar to deliver full power.

A bit friendly bashing but you are meaning that the gas I put in the machine for the first 1500 miles are just a waste. Would never accept that on my sled.

No offense taken, just another difference between 2 and 4 strokes. Also just my observations. I can't rember how long for the Nytro, thing is I never really wound it for long periods as it was a waste, only went about 90 anyway.

My point is more that it's unfortunate that the Apex was a year old as (in my eyes) that gave it a clear advantage, all components were fully broken in, I'm sure some adjustments were made, even if just suspension it all matters. Should be more of an equal playing field if you ask me. Either way as i've said in other posts, the Apex is a force that continues to supprise many year after year.

ruffrider said:
What really impressed me in that magazine was the mountain sled test. The Nytro MTX with the Turbo weighed in quite a bit lighter than the M1100 Turbo.
And I think I read the Turbo only cost around $1,500 more if ordered through Yamaha with the sled?

kviper said:
ruffrider said:
And I think I read the Turbo only cost around $1,500 more if ordered through Yamaha with the sled?

Very true, but that is uninstalled. You have to do it or pay the dealer.

Back