• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whos got the best insurance rates for sleds

swmichvector said:
for those with liberty mutual. do you have to have other insurance with them to get sled insurance???????? my wife is a teacher in Michigan so we have MEEMIC for car insurance. no one can even think about competing with them for auto insurance.

You have to insure one car or truck with them as the sled policy is a rider on the vehicle insurance. G.B.

Actually, I had LM for sled insurance only at first. That was years ago so I think something has changed since then. I was so happy with the cost I got quotes on the cars and switched. Then followed suit with homeowners. Saved me money all ways.

i emailed the local agent last night. we will see what they have to say. i could switch the insurance on my old truck if i need to.

Well I shoped around yesterday and Nationwide was $370 per year for full coverage with $500 deductables all the way around. Liberty mutual was $260.00 per year for the same coverage. So I went with Liberty mutual.

just got off the phone with libertymutual. $187.00 a year for 100/300/100 with $200. deductibles on comp and collision . that also includes $5000 in medical. :Rockon: i just have to move my truck insurance to them which as far as i can tell is not anymore than i all ready pay.

You guys should really post what insurance you get. The reason I say that is like myself its expensive, reasons why, I don't have a multi policy account or homeowners and that alone makes a difference. So saying you get it for 200 for a year just doesn't make sense for others. Not to mention states I believe also make a difference and the age.

I pay for an 07 Apex GT for full cover only on the policy around 620.00 a year. I am 25 yrs old with nothing on my record. Thats through foremost. I actually need to go back and get my insurance figured out and also try to get everything I own on one.
Ille have to figure out my coverage later.

subaru2006

well, i got home and got the calculator out. liberty mutual aint gonna get it for me. the rate on the sled is great But, the rate on my truck is ridiculous . too bad they wont just do a sled policy. the search continues. :o|

just insured my 06 apex last week with progressive. quote was $400 a year for full coverage and $200 a year for liability. i chose the liability.damn thing costs more to insure than my gsxr600. Also I am 25 with a clean record. The insurance is mostly based on engine displacement though. When the lady put in 500cc just for the heck of it to see the price difference, it would cost me $75 a year. so being we ride big displacement machines, we are gonna pay. when i told my dad how much it was, his response was " you gotta pay to play". lol

My price is just a stand alone snowmobile policy. $260 per year for 100/300/50 with 5000 for medical and $500 dollar deductibles for comp and collision. I thought this was a pretty good price.

civilsr5 said:
just insured my 06 apex last week with progressive. quote was $400 a year for full coverage and $200 a year for liability. i chose the liability.damn thing costs more to insure than my gsxr600. Also I am 25 with a clean record. The insurance is mostly based on engine displacement though. When the lady put in 500cc just for the heck of it to see the price difference, it would cost me $75 a year. so being we ride big displacement machines, we are gonna pay. when i told my dad how much it was, his response was " you gotta pay to play". lol
they want $1000. for my 09 rs vector for full coverage and i have MC insurance with them. rates must be lower where you live.

chris3475 said:
My price is just a stand alone snowmobile policy. $260 per year for 100/300/50 with 5000 for medical and $500 dollar deductibles for comp and collision. I thought this was a pretty good price.[/quote you have liberty mutual???? they wont do a stand alone in Michigan. rules must be different where you live.

kinger said:
Just paid mine American Family $314 a year for 100/300/100 liability, $500 deduct on collision and comp, and some underinsured coverage, and medical coverage. All valued at $17,000 if I wreck it. (sled, supercharger, etc)

It is interesting to see that we have our sleds valued in a similar way, and the rates are close compared to some of these other policies guys have. You wouldn't think a higher value on a higher HP item would be as close in price to get coverage as a stock or slightly modified sled. Wonder if an insurance guy could chime in.

AAA insurance for my Attac is 272 for the year. That is for 3 months full coverage and the rest storage. ;)!

Back