• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why did you buy a nytro

My 05 Vector was a nice easy going trail sled...but you could NOT ride that thing hard in the twisties. I needed something that would handle the tight stuff and be more of a stand-up big bump sled. Plus...the Nytro just looks awesome!

It is so nervous in all of its aspects: Power, Handling and Suspension. I have an RTX SE and i love it. He really like big jumps and rough trails, and more to that, it is very fast in acceleration and top speed. ;)!

I got my SE because it's like my YZ450. only for snow. and you can acually adjust the suspension. I love it.

I bought my XTX sorry I keep forgeting, my wife bought "her" XTX because;
1. the Cat dealer told her that the F6 had a terrible ride and was made for "young people" (he pi$$ed her off) this was the sled she wanted

2. she refused to look at a gade and she hates mine.

3. then she looked at the XTX and fell in love with the look of it and its feel when she sat on it.

So now I have a XTX sorry sorry the I go again she has a XTX!

y a ntyro.

reason i went with it was, i rode my first rev last year, and i loved the way it handled. however, i wasnt willing to sacrifice reliability for trail manners. then yami built the xtx, which in my eyes, was a yami built renegade. so i rode the demo, and LOVED the freakin power. it handled decent stock, and i figured with a few mods, i could roost the poo boys. been looking for a deal on one ever since, till i finally bought this fall.
now im in the garage bolting stuff on like a maniac. 9k on a sled and i will have 2k in mods before it ever sees snow. but at least it will have trail manners and not burn hyflex.
Mods done:
OFT relocator
OFT tunnel block off plate
Tachcardia Undertunnel Exhaust
oversized wheels on outside of rails in stock locations
4th wheel
Simmons flexi skis
Tall windshield
belt clip

on order:
skidplate
a-arm guards
dumbo ears
side wind deflectors
HIDS 8k
Skidoo fuel caddie
tunnel strips(little hoops for bungees to hook to to hold stuff)
12v socket

debating
yamaheater

I bough a phazer after owning a crossfire 5. I fell in love with the chasis and 4 stroke torque, but wanter a long track and more power. The aded track length and nytro motor made this sled fit me perfectly.

I just wanted something different than the norm around here. Everywhere you looked was yellow ! Don't get me wrong, I had a Rev for a few years and it was a great sled, tough as nails and never left me stranded, but everyone and their dog had them ! I had the rare opportunity to test ride a pre-production FX Nytro RTX in April 2007. I wanted to test out the XP too, but I knew after that day what I was going to order. It had the riding position I wanted, and the power and torque was insane ! I grew up riding Yamaha, and I finally felt at home once again. ;)!

My purchase was completely unplanned. I was happy on the 05 Rev I was riding (other than a blown motor). But great deals at the Ski-Doo dealer had me browsing this time last year to head-off any more motor troubles before they happened. Before I was able to commit, however, I stopped at Port Yamaha (I believe I was there for a gasket for my Super Jet), and saw that they had leftover 08' Nytro's for $7,000. Everything about the sled felt right, the price was unbelievable, and I was always partial to Yamaha's (my first was an 81' SS 440 followed by an 87' Phazer and an 95' VMAX). From the first time I opened it up and had the ski's off the ground through 60mph, I loved the sled even more than my Rev in nearly every aspect... I can beat the 800 doo's I ride with, without that though of "OMG, when will this thing grenade on me?" When RIDDEN (not driven; this is not a driver's sled and that's why I think many people don't like it. It needs alot of body english to unleash its massive potential) hard like this thing needs to be, it is OMG fast through the twisties with its loads of torque and perfect balance. I only wish I had bought an XTX so I had more hook up for better hole shots (which may happen next year).

I sat just like MY 2004 REV (Which I absolutely love!!!), but was a four stroke. And, for the money, warranty, rebates.... allot cheaper than the Ski-doo. If not, the XTX, it would have been the 1200.

I'm done w/ two strokes...... smell, oil, MOTOR work required.... I'm 50 and I just want to ride.............

Back