• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why not more activity?

Well, I'm heading to the cottage tonight and work on the sled Sat and Sun morning.
I want to finish the under tunnel exhaust and tunnel block off plate. Maybe go in the boat on Sat, cycle ride on Sun

I was in the garage the past few weeks just cussing because I recycled my old 220V AC window unit when we moved to our brand new house because according to the wife it was 'ugly' Arg!!! Those old AC units can cool a entire house it would have made quick work of my garage instead I have a 'pretty' black garage door facing south with no tree cover of a new development, I would be happy to be in 95 degree heat in there. It was 101 the other night when I was installing my tunnel extension!

Retro fitted an old refer unit to cool the shop. Now ice dos'nt melt on the floor it's so cool. Has a keyed ign. and everything

kinger said:
I was in the garage the past few weeks just cussing because I recycled my old 220V AC window unit when we moved to our brand new house because according to the wife it was 'ugly' Arg!!! Those old AC units can cool a entire house it would have made quick work of my garage instead I have a 'pretty' black garage door facing south with no tree cover of a new development, I would be happy to be in 95 degree heat in there. It was 101 the other night when I was installing my tunnel extension!

Yikes... crazy hot... we are a cool bread, thats why we work on sled in the middle of crazy hot weather...LOL

MrSled said:
kinger said:

Yikes... crazy hot... we are a cool bread, thats why we work on sled in the middle of crazy hot weather...LOL

Days are getting shorter, enjoy the heat while its here. Put 1.3kms on the sled yesterday ripping up and down the front yard, makes the 800 Renegade (atv) feel like a pooch.

sx7001 said:
MrSled said:
kinger said:

Days are getting shorter, enjoy the heat while its here. Put 1.3kms on the sled yesterday ripping up and down the front yard, makes the 800 Renegade (atv) feel like a pooch.

Shorter is good.... still hate the heat...lol

I love working on sleds in the summer. My Phazer is currently in pieces. I just picked up some parts that I had powder coated locally. A used subframe I bought from Hibshman25, a used bumper and windshield bracket I bought off of eBay. I have the Arms boxed up and ready to send off to Half Baked this week. Once the front end is back together I will install the clutch kit I bought from Ulmers, Excell wheels for the skid, and HyGear torsion spring spacers I won at the Give Away ride. Oh and a Skinz float plate I bought off of Mud99. G.B.

Attachments

• P7030789.JPG
    P7030789.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 105
  • P7030787.JPG
    P7030787.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 114
Gone Blue said:
I love working on sleds in the summer. My Phazer is currently in pieces. I just picked up some parts that I had powder coated locally. A used subframe I bought from Hibshman25, a used bumper and windshield bracket I bought off of eBay. I have the Arms boxed up and ready to send off to Half Baked this week. Once the front end is back together I will install the clutch kit I bought from Ulmers, Excell wheels for the skid, and HyGear torsion spring spacers I won at the Give Away ride. Oh and a Skinz float plate I bought off of Mud99. G.B.

Parts look great :Rockon:

Between fishing, the boats and archery I have plenty to do in the summer. There is never a day that goes by that I do not think about my sled though....

The only weather that is suitable for working on sleds is either above 90 F, or below 20 F and in the dark. At least that is the way it seems to work out for me. Oh, and if you leave your truck lights on to see what you are doing (somewhat), then it might be a good idea to keep the engine running. Otherwise you might have to jump the battery by taking one out of another vehicle and using a couple socket extensions to connect the posts, lol. Should have had a video of that one.

MrSled said:
Gone Blue said:

Parts look great :Rockon:

Thanks Tom!. Nick told me about the local powder coater that I used for these parts. I did ship my A Arms out to Half Baked this week as I knew they could press out and re-install the lower ball joint for me.

Thanks, G.B.

Ding said:
The only weather that is suitable for working on sleds is either above 90 F, or below 20 F and in the dark. At least that is the way it seems to work out for me. Oh, and if you leave your truck lights on to see what you are doing (somewhat), then it might be a good idea to keep the engine running. Otherwise you might have to jump the battery by taking one out of another vehicle and using a couple socket extensions to connect the posts, lol. Should have had a video of that one.

Hahhahahaha!

I can soooo see that! :flag:

Our labs are air conditioned but the shop isn't
(Well, it is if I open the connecting door to the lab... lol)
If I keep the overhead door in the shop closed, it stays 70-80 in the summer, even when it has been 100+ outside.
Pretty happy with that.

Will think of ya Kinger when I'm working on mine... Teehee

Been a "Fun" summer.
Windstorm blew my roof off...
Rolled it up like a fruit roll-up.

Had to replace it when the temps were in the mid 100's every day. :Rockon:

Ready to go back to the boat and drink... :drink:

Back