• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why you love this sled...

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 yamaha vk professional
Its my first season with this used Vk pro... 2007 . I thought it would be a big heavy not so quick pig.... but I am discovering it is quite the opposite. I am using it for ice fishing with 2 people and a full sleigh, trail riding , and long 2 up lake rides with the wife. Most of my trips have been 140 +km round trips. Have now done several. Just got back from one with the wife on the back.... she would never in the past go riding with me when we had other sleds.... but now she actually enjoys it. Like sitting on the couch she says. We cruise all day at 60+ mph in total comfort. It will do 132kph or 82 mph flat out with 2 people....pretty amazing considering sled weight plus gas plus people adds up to 1300 lbs.
Its so heavy that it doesn't get thrown around much which makes it more stable and comfortable to ride. The super wide skis give you the confidence to turn and go over practically anything without worrying about the skis getting caught in ruts or ice chards. I believe it actually rides better when 2 people are on it. We cover a lot of ground in a hurry with this machine... something I have been pleasantly surprised by. This machine will haul and do it quickly and with comfort.
I also said I would never ever buy a carbureted snowmobile again as long as I lived... but my bad experiences were with 2 stroke carbed engines. Sleds loading up, blowing up etc. etc. This carbed triple is 4 stroke and a completely different animal. No bogging issues here.... The thing just runs strong all day long in any weather. Yea I had a few hiccups with it when I first brought it home... hell it was 10 years old .... minor issues.
The more I ride it the more I absolutely love it.
Why do you love yours?????????????????

Last edited:

Haven't seen a response but I love the VK because its a pig. I love the torque and like to tractor along pulling huge loads. It isn't a good stand up sled and is wide in the seat, doesn't handle as well as an expedition widetrack but is easy to work on and reliable as hell. I'd like fuel injection but that isn't worth the price of the upgrade at this point. I have 11" skins and it keeps the front end up in deep snow, I don't ride any trails, its all make your own path where I live but that is where the VK shines. I've broken trail for 100kms through 3 feet of snow pulling a sleigh without any issues, powers through slush and runs pretty efficiently for the power and weight. I'd like a few changes but what the heck, after 15 years of snow machines I've never found a perfect one.

Haven't seen a response but I love the VK because its a pig. I love the torque and like to tractor along pulling huge loads. It isn't a good stand up sled and is wide in the seat, doesn't handle as well as an expedition widetrack but is easy to work on and reliable as hell. I'd like fuel injection but that isn't worth the price of the upgrade at this point. I have 11" skins and it keeps the front end up in deep snow, I don't ride any trails, its all make your own path where I live but that is where the VK shines. I've broken trail for 100kms through 3 feet of snow pulling a sleigh without any issues, powers through slush and runs pretty efficiently for the power and weight. I'd like a few changes but what the heck, after 15 years of snow machines I've never found a perfect one.
"Love the VK because its a pig"... could be quote of the month. Glad you like your sled.

Back