• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wideband Numbers and Jetting

muskrat

Pro
Can anyone help me with my jetting. I have a turbo running 8-12 pounds of boost on my 2003 RX 1. I have 17.5 pilots 130 mains and the needles in #4 (somebody told me not to go full rich on needles). Ride at 1000 feet in MN MI and WI.

At Idle I see 12.7-13.2 at start up...low 12's after running for a while. At 35-45 mph I see 10.6-11.8 and a t WOT I see 12.0-12.5 depending on OAT. My O2 sensor is about 5 inches after turbo and my EGT gauge quit working but it showed 1300's at 35-45 mph and 1000 at WOT. Any suggestion? I

tried 22.5 pilots and it was too rich.
Have 20 's but what mains should I go with?
Muskrat

i would run the needles in the stock clip,which is the middle ,number 3 and keep the 17.5 pilots unless they keep plugging up and have your fuel screws turned 2 and half turns from the seated position.is this a front mount or rear mount turbo.front mount like more jetting.start from here and check your air fuel ratio.hope that works for ya.i run 150 mains on my front mount powderlites with the 17.5 pilots and my fuel screws turned 2 and a half turns.i also have the hurricane turbo slide springs which made a big difference.

FR

It's a front mount. What are Hurricane springs? I bought other springs a few years ago but never put them in because it seemed to run well. It still seems to run well all though it seems lean in the mid range. Thanks for the post.

MM

thats where the hurricane springs work nice is in the mid range .go on there web site and you will see them.they are 60 dollars american.130 mains seem kind of low for a front mount ,what turbo do you have .i had a gt 2560 and this year i went to a 2860 but havent taken it out for a ride yet as i am waiting for my idler wheels to show up.let me know how you make out.

Springs

Thanks ... I'll give them a try. What color are they or do they only sell one color? I think I have a set of red ones from someone..begins with an H maybe but I think they are like Holztman or something like that.?? Thanks for the ideas.

MM

Back