• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will Yamaha..

I guess I got lucky back in 05. Bought a new 05 Vector for $7,300 bucks OTD.. Just can't do that any more. MM. ;)!

Don't be afraid to buy used. Great deals out there especially as tax time rolls in.

bought left over Nytro MTX for $8500....... I love left overs....... left more room for a turbo......

Will Yamaha..... Do something revolutionary like polaris just pulled the trigger on... Built in gps..38lbs lighter.....15% more power.... Looks to me polaris may be taking over the snowmobile market again like the 90's all over AGAIN!! The new rush switchback X is really quite an amazing looking unit!..... May have to give that sled a real thought... Love my 14' VIPER.. But my god that looks quite interesting... Even supertax is raving about this sled early on! All I have to say is... WOW... Time. To continue to play catch up YAMAHA!

left over deals all over, hence no new "value" sled. I've seen phazers in the low 6000$ range and Vectors/Nytros in the low 8000$ new in the crate. Had they released a 100-120hp engine in the viper chassis that would have probably killed 80% of the leftover sales.

Are we starting the 2016 speculation already?!

RacinJason15 said:
Will Yamaha..... Do something revolutionary like polaris just pulled the trigger on... Built in gps..38lbs lighter.....15% more power.... Looks to me polaris may be taking over the snowmobile market again like the 90's all over AGAIN!! The new rush switchback X is really quite an amazing looking unit!..... May have to give that sled a real thought... Love my 14' VIPER.. But my god that looks quite interesting... Even supertax is raving about this sled early on! All I have to say is... WOW... Time. To continue to play catch up YAMAHA!

Gotta read between the lines there, RJ. GPS is an option, and so is the new gauge unless you snow check ... they're not listing either as standard equipment. Lighter chassis might also translate as "weaker". Notice that some of the new suspension components are cast aluminum. Ask yourself what sort metallurgy QA does Polaris have at the foundries where those parts are being produced. And what about work hardening with a lot of those parts. How is Polaris calculating "15% more power"? By extrapolating that a 38% weight reduction is equivalent to a net power gain of 15% or are they basing it on HP numbers from the new 800? If the latter, then you'd only realize the power gain in the 800. Not saying what Polaris is doing is not noteworthy. At least they're working their arses off to stay relevant.

The one thing I glean from the Axy chassis is that Polaris has determined its majority demographic wants less weight and more power (duh), and maybe a few new gadgets like LED headlights and a digital gauge cluster. Otherwise, all they did is set the skid back a little further and move the seat a little further forward (to my knowledge, the suspension geometry hasn't changed). Claimed result is better handling (ya think?).

Not knocking the new sled(s) from Poo. Just saying gotta look at it with a grain of skepticism until it's proven they're decent machines.

seriously there are so many Polaris motor failures now I'd never consider a new one. Go to hcs and take a look around. You simply won't find that here.

RacinJason15 said:

To me, i have zero excitement over this release. I think thats a fantastic looking sled with a ton of great options. I also give polaris a ton of credit for pushing the limits and trying new things even when they are different than what the industry norm is (rush suspension)
Unfortunately there is no performance 4stroke available. They blew it in my opinion.
I will never ever own a 2 stroke again. It's just not gonna happen for me.
with that said, Theres nothing i would like more than to spend my hard earned money on an american made product but it aint gonna be a polaris with a 2 stroke in it.
Drop the apex or even the nytro motor in that new polaris and you have a winner in my opinion

While leftovers are definatley cheaper I do not want a 2011,now four model years old. I want a 2015 with modern tech that's reliable and performs in factory trim.

davessrx said:
seriously there are so many Polaris motor failures now I'd never consider a new one. Go to hcs and take a look around. You simply won't find that here.

Theres very few of them. I'm on hcs more than here. The internet amplifies things.

There are a lot of new parts to the axys. Bypass cooling, electronic oil pump, new crank, new ves, ...93% new, skis and fasteners are old, that's it. I'd be shocked if Polaris isn't rock solid with the axys.

At bare minimum, Polaris is evolving the sled world. None of the other brands did much for 15.

Back