• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wiring diagram for grips APEX ER

viking

Veteran
Website
www.paladinbrands.com
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the APEX ER?

I do not intend to wait for a fix from Yamaha on the heated grips. Should not be to hard to re-wire the grips to get full power all the time (when the engine is running) regardless of rpm. (still be able to control via the normal heat controls)

Seems to me that the voltage is restricted under 3,500 rpm and bypassing that should be enough (I hope)

If anyone has a wiring diagram I would appreciate a copy of it, and it would save me some time under the hood.

I will post the fix to you guys afterwards (or pictures of my sled after the electric fire) :o|

Viking

Right in the back of the owners manual. BUT, this is NOT the problem. I can trail ride for hours and never once let the rpm's drop below 3500 and the grips STILL suck. The real problem is the heating elements are VERY small and there is a big chunk of aluminum in the end of the bars robbing LOTS of heat. ===SRXSRULE===

they get power from the all in one computer now, wired in series. To go to parallel, that could destroy that box which could be hundreds of $$$$.

The kits though, which you could copy would involve a relay, 2 position switch, a ceramic resistor about 2-3 inches long if you want a low setting. (1-2 ohm, not sure) wire from the battery thru the relay which is activated by the ignition switch being on.

and what SRXRULES says. I'd wait, wear worm gloves, take along those heating packets you can stuff in your glove.

We are clever bunch at TY, we might nail the best fix soon, temporary or otherwise. Port Yamaha has a kit just about available. Heating cartriges that go inside the handlebar for suplemental heat

darn

You guys are probably rigth, no sense making it worse, but I still hate to give up.

I have an EE degree in nuclear energy, seems so low being beat by a pair of low volt grips :o|

If man can send a robot to pick up rock on Mars than surely someone will find a easy fix to make the hand warmers smoke! I got my gauntlets stuffed in the rear compartment but still waiting for enough snow. Hate to ride a new sled on marginally snow.

a guys on hcs said his dealer told him a wire was not being connected on the first batch of models,the later models have no probs with hand warmers....just sending some info,dunno witch wires

Not much to look at on the WD... 14 is ECU, 15 is oil press sw, 16 is thumb, 17 is grips... Looks like the ECU is the boss.

Attachments

• Grip Heaters.jpg
    Grip Heaters.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 5,220

Back