• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Won't warranty The updated skid.

akquad12

The yamaha shop called today and said that yamaha won't fix my FX because it didn't have enough miles on it between the time I broke the stock rear skid and the time I broke the new update. Don't understand that? I had 480 or so miles last year before the stock suspension broke. Now I HAVE about 800 miles. Both a little over 400 mile. I was going to buy a new xtx nytro but now the new polaris assault is looking good, or maybe the skidoo 1200. really sucks because the dealer is a really nice guy and is the reason I was going to buy a nytro.

If I hadn't lost 65% of the re-sale value on my 1000 mile Phazer, it would be upgraded for something more durable. Oh well, live and learn.

akquad12 said:
The yamaha shop called today and said that yamaha won't fix my FX because it didn't have enough miles on it between the time I broke the stock rear skid and the time I broke the new update. Don't understand that? I had 480 or so miles last year before the stock suspension broke. Now I HAVE about 800 miles. Both a little over 400 mile. I was going to buy a new xtx nytro but now the new polaris assault is looking good, or maybe the skidoo 1200. really sucks because the dealer is a really nice guy and is the reason I was going to buy a nytro.

You gotta be kidding , "not enough miles between warranty claims for the same problem". Something stinks here......

Mars said:
If I hadn't lost 65% of the re-sale value on my 1000 mile Phazer, it would be upgraded for something more durable. Oh well, live and learn.
Mars have you had a bunch of issues with yours? Or are you more disappointed with the resale market? It appeared you had a nice set up and liked your phazer.

SNOBLOWR said:
You gotta be kidding , "not enough miles between warranty claims for the same problem". Something stinks here......
ask how many miles you need, then go home and turn the thing on, and jack up the back and run it till you have the right mileage...

But seriously... call yamaha cust service..

might just be ur dealer u never know. my cousin use to be a service manager at a yamaha dealer and he use to receive a kick back up to 25% of the total bll was goin to be if he could find a way to refuse a warranty by saying it was miss-use. i dont know if yamaha still employs this or not. it was about 5 years ago or so. it might just be yamaha saying they wont cover cause the dealer should have to because of the low mileage they feel it was the that put it in wrong and he is trying to save himself some money. he may be a nice guy buy money can make alot of people do things they normally would. either way i would call coustomer service.

called yamaha yesterday told them the problem, So they called the dealership, and then got back on the phone with me and said they would cover it under a good faith type of deal. I ask shouldnt it be covered because it was a warrentied part that failed and they said that my warrenty was up two months ago. I didnt go any farther with it I was just happy the covered it.

Back