• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XS and 8dn Belt info

Charged RTX

Expert
I have been searching the forums and can't find the specs on these belts. Does anyone know where to find this info? I want to try a softer belt this season and am considering the XS 805. I think it is a little wider which I like but I do not know the length compared to the 8dn. I have also heard that there are a couple more XS belts that work.

SnowTech guys are also saying 8DN is too hard. They are recommending Dayco Ultimax 3 part number 138-4432-U3. They say it is softer and only slightly longer.

Not sure what XS stands for. Are you talking about a Dayco?

Dayco has an HPX version that is supposed to be for High Performance Extremes. But, what we are figuring out is the high performance belts are made for longevity. By doing such, they give up the grip of a softer belt. The theory is; The 8DNs are said to more frequently slip unless we bring up the twist. But when you bring up the twist, you delay the shift. It is all pert of finding the ultimate compromise of combinations to fit our own specific needs.

Of course, if you do not clean a new belt before it is installed it really does not matter. The new belts have mold release lubricant on them. You need to wash that off with some high powered soap (e.g. 409) and some elbow grease. Also, it does not hurt to clean the clutch sheaves and rough them up with a green pad, before you put that new belt on.

I didn't know that. Could that be why me sled hits the rev limiter? I didn't do anything to the last belt I bought, but I had to change it while out on the trail. Is it too late to take it back off and do the cleaning procedure?

Charged RTX said:
I have been searching the forums and can't find the specs on these belts. Does anyone know where to find this info? I want to try a softer belt this season and am considering the XS 805. I think it is a little wider which I like but I do not know the length compared to the 8dn. I have also heard that there are a couple more XS belts that work.

Dayco Ultimax 3 part # 138-4432-U3 also check aliment

Len Todd said:
SnowTech guys are also saying 8DN is too hard. They are recommending Dayco Ultimax 3 part number 138-4432-U3. They say it is softer and only slightly longer.

The dayco belt is thinner as well allowing to ride higher in the secondary.

rightarm said:
Len Todd said:

The dayco belt is thinner as well allowing to ride higher in the secondary.

A thinner belt will not ride higher in the secondary...a wider belt will ride higher in the seconday.

i used the ultimax 3 on my viper a few years back it real soft, grabs great but didn't last as long as the 8dn, it would shred, is the xs805 different

Back