• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX insurance high performance??

I'm in Wisconsin and I have progressive for everything but my sled. They told me that my ltx viper was a "race sled" and tried charging me $3k per year for full coverage. I called foremost and got full coverage for around $650 for the whole year.

A
Well then we are getting screwed here in Canada I pay 560.00 for my 09 Arctic Cat F8 and 790.00 For my 14 Yamaha Viper xtx pluse 190.00 per sled for my trail permit
Are you saying Canada's trail permits are $190. A year, if they get much higher here there wont be any snowmobileing left, $45. Yr in Michigan.

A
Are you saying Canada's trail permits are $190. A year, if they get much higher here there wont be any snowmobileing left, $45. Yr in Michigan.
They were $25 for ever in Michigan. Went up the last 2 years. It's still the best deal in snowmobiling. NY is $100 then if you want to go to old forge its another $70 or so and the trails are always tore up. We quit messing around and just always go to the UP.

For all you guys in Canada call TD insurance, they were far less expensive than everyone else, i pay 400$ a year for my viper

Reactions: RJH
They were $25 for ever in Michigan. Went up the last 2 years. It's still the best deal in snowmobiling. NY is $100 then if you want to go to old forge its another $70 or so and the trails are always tore up. We quit messing around and just always go to the UP.

FYI, In NYS all you need to do is join a Snowmobile Club which costs about 20 bucks per family and the NYS registration drops from $ 100. down to $ 45. per machine. Just need to bring proof of club membership. Not trying to defend NY, everything here costs more!

You are correct on the Old Forge trail system, they get beat to death on the weekend but the groomers are back out Sunday fixing it up again. I try to avoid weekends but most people can't do that.

FYI, In NYS all you need to do is join a Snowmobile Club which costs about 20 bucks per family and the NYS registration drops from $ 100. down to $ 45. per machine. Just need to bring proof of club membership. Not trying to defend NY, everything here costs more!

You are correct on the Old Forge trail system, they get beat to death on the weekend but the groomers are back out Sunday fixing it up again. I try to avoid weekends but most people can't do that.

I am aware of the discounts. Done it multiple times. It's a pain. In michigan I fill out 5 lines on a piece of paper at the front desk of the hotel and the girl hands me back a sticker.

I've ridden all over NY m-f multiple trips and I can tell you that they don't compare in any way to trail maintenance and system in the UP. I kept hoping NY would be as good since it would cut the travel time in half but it just isn't. Sorry. The only place I have been that does as good of a job is Ontario and Quebec. Vermont and Maine are a close second. I would like to check out Chautauqua county NY. Thats the one place I haven't ridden in the state and I hear good things.

I'm in Wisconsin and I have progressive for everything but my sled. They told me that my ltx viper was a "race sled" and tried charging me $3k per year for full coverage. I called foremost and got full coverage for around $650 for the whole year.
I live in NW Wisconsin and pay $212 a year for full coverage with a $500 deductible through State Farm. It's the only thing I have through them. Home, car, and motorcycle are all through Progressive. I'm not sure where you live in WI or what your age is, but it might be worth a call.

before td started selling insurance here in ontario, it cost my brother $1200.00 for one years insurance back in 03. dropped to under $400.00 the next year with td. call around, it never hurts to check.

Td has most likely the best rates going. Unless your insurance broker can shop well for you and do bundle rates. State farm beat Td by a dollar just because I have everything else with them. However, it was my shopping around that made them beat it to keep me. State Farm also reduced my house and vehicles while they were at it. Just be careful, you better compare apples to apples and know your policys.

I almost hestitate to say anything for fear that my rates will go up, but I was with Foremost, and after getting this year's bill, I went on line to get a quote from Progressive. I have four sleds on the policy, and the Progressive quote gave me better coverage and saved me nearly 40% on the premium.

My XTX is $414 per year $1000 deductible with a value set at $25000.00 with turbo and upgrades with Allstate

I'm in Wisconsin with state farm. $252 / $500 deductible.
Sled is the only thing thing I have with them.

American Family has every thing I own..
They just told me $600 for package deal, 2015 XTX & LTX plus my new $7000 trailer. I figured $600 is fair, no need to look any further. Also $500 deductible.

Back