• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX LE MPI REVIEW

basic700

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX DX 146
2015 SRViper XTX LE
2009 Nytro XTX
After a long December finally got the sled in January.
Got to ride the sled for 95 miles in Wisconsin at 4.5 pounds of boost the thing absolutely ripped.
Took it out west to Wyoming and sled did ok definatly better than my nytro but still wasn't all that impressed(still running 4.5 pounds)
Came home scratched my head and realized I didn't have my prologger set up right.
Put a heavier front skid shock spring in.
2nd trip had prologger set to 7 ibs and oh boy them 800 2smokes didn't know what to do!!!
Everytime somebody got done riding my sled up a hill (4 total all 2 stroke guys) they would get off and say "Man that thing's got balls!!"
Definatly completely different machine for the good. The heavier spring did wonders in the bumps (thanks StingRay)
When I was climbing I noticed I was only running 7,800 rpms at 11,000 feet do I lighten up the clutch or try running more boost???
Thanks Yamaha,Mpi,and ulmer racing defiantly a good investment;)!

When you come out here you would want to lighten your weights to get maximum power to the ground. That being said you have so much power is it worth the trouble to change it for a quick trip?

After a long December finally got the sled in January.
Got to ride the sled for 95 miles in Wisconsin at 4.5 pounds of boost the thing absolutely ripped.
Took it out west to Wyoming and sled did ok definatly better than my nytro but still wasn't all that impressed(still running 4.5 pounds)
Came home scratched my head and realized I didn't have my prologger set up right.
Put a heavier front skid shock spring in.
2nd trip had prologger set to 7 ibs and oh boy them 800 2smokes didn't know what to do!!!
Everytime somebody got done riding my sled up a hill (4 total all 2 stroke guys) they would get off and say "Man that thing's got balls!!"
Definatly completely different machine for the good. The heavier spring did wonders in the bumps (thanks StingRay)
When I was climbing I noticed I was only running 7,800 rpms at 11,000 feet do I lighten up the clutch or try running more boost???
Thanks Yamaha,Mpi,and ulmer racing defiantly a good investment;)!

When you say "The heavier spring did wonders in the bumps" can you elaborate on that. I been reading a lot about this heavier spring and I'm almost afraid to change it out thinking that the spring will cause the sled to become more of a pogo stick. And how many treads are showing on your stock now since you changed it out. And what spring did you put in 160lbs?

The pogo effect is due to adding more preload to supplement for the weakness of the spring the heavier spring will need less preload . I am going to try this but am debating on how heavy a spring to go with. Did you decide on a set of skis to go with ?

Yes I put a 160# spring in. With the stock spring I would hit a bump and the sled was like a Bucking bronco but with the heavier spring in it now is alot smoother

Thanks guys, going to give it a try. I went with the 8'' powder hounds from slydog.

Back