• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx suspension settings

STAIN said:
You can also adjust for " bouncing " with your rebound adjustment

This option is not available on XTX rear skid..

I ment the front end--sorry.

sj said:
move your link to the front hole and increase your compression on the front shocks a bit ...a wider ski will be helpful as well...
again, can anybody add some info to why there is extra mount holes for sway bar on a arm? I dont see it changing anything besides angle of link, but must have a purpose. any actual yamaha info?

mewaschuk said:
sj said:
compression at orig setting (cant remember the click count). center shock orig setting as well. compression adj is the next round of tweeks. thanks!

by bounching i meant more chattering over the bumps, not sloppy/fadded but like driving an empty dump truck.

I have to laugh at this thread, it reminds me of the days of the sx, then srx, then the viper, and, well, the rx1, and, well, the vector, and well, the apex, and well the rtx, and well the first nitro and well, probably, the 2011 sled will have crappy shocks as well.
Yamaha owners need a bail out.

Hey guys, great post. I came off a 02 viper and got into a 2010 XTX. I have 280 miles on it so far and am overall quite happy. The current setup is stock. I ride quite aggressive 75% trail. I am wondering if you guys could help me dial it in a bit. I'm 5' 11" and 250 lbs. Any ideas where to start would be greatly appreciated. If I could change anything it would be make it steer a little "lighter". I am also running the stock skis so far but may switch to the simmons flex skis soon. Thanks Guys!! :rocks:

shim the skis with a 3/8" shim and add 8" Bergstrom tripple point runners.

BETHEVIPER said:
I have to laugh at this thread, it reminds me of the days of the sx, then srx, then the viper, and, well, the rx1, and, well, the vector, and well, the apex, and well the rtx, and well the first nitro and well, probably, the 2011 sled will have crappy shocks as well.
Yamaha owners need a bail out.

LMAO

Maybe Yami owners have more attention to detail and are a bit fusy some times :rules

farmac said:
Hey guys, great post. I came off a 02 viper and got into a 2010 XTX. I have 280 miles on it so far and am overall quite happy. The current setup is stock. I ride quite aggressive 75% trail. I am wondering if you guys could help me dial it in a bit. I'm 5' 11" and 250 lbs. Any ideas where to start would be greatly appreciated. If I could change anything it would be make it steer a little "lighter". I am also running the stock skis so far but may switch to the simmons flex skis soon. Thanks Guys!! :rocks:

We are about the same weight and size so here is my set up so far.
Track-no studs
REAR SUSPENSION- spring set on medium - front skid shock, lowered spring preload 1/4 inch
FRONT SUSPENSION-compression dampening- 4 clicks out, rebound dampening- 20 clicks out.

Sled handles very flat for a long track and is stable at high speed over the junk, stutters, tight and twisty's and is a joy to ride. I am not a big fan of the stock skies or dually carbides. However, I have been lucky to be able to try different carbides on the stock skies and have found that the Cobra heads and the Snow Trackers(aggressive) work very well. They both eliminate the darting and hold the snow well(as opposed to dually's). I prefer the Snow Trackers(aggressive). Soon as I can get some mounting rubbers for the different skies I have I will try them and report back with the other ski models. Enjoy ;)!

LOV MY XTX

Move the skiis out to full wide.
Pull limiter 1 tighter.
Front shock compression 6 clicks out from all the way in.
Rebound all the way out .

Rear all stock , sled is awesome !!!

gsxr said:
LOV MY XTX

Move the skiis out to full wide.
Pull limiter 1 tighter.
Front shock compression 6 clicks out from all the way in.
Rebound all the way out .

Rear all stock , sled is awesome !!!
Almost EXACTLEY how mine is set up
Who is not running skis full wide??????????????????

if you want lighter steering...tighten the center shock spring...this shock collapses too easily and needs more spring tension...especially for a 250lb rider

So i guess this is what I am going to try before this weekend. Loosen front springs up, tighten center shock. I am looking at getting the cobra heads, With my weight should I be looking at a stiffer center spring? I am also going to play with the compression and rebound a little as per your guys suggestions. Thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted!

Most people don't realize the front skis on the xtx can be put on 3 ways. Just shuffle the bushings.

narrow for mtn riding , (sidehilling)
middle for mixed riding , (mixed )
wide for trail riding. (wide and flat )

Makes a huge difference !

Back