• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx suspension settings

gsxr said:
Most people don't realize the front skis on the xtx can be put on 3 ways. Just shuffle the bushings.

narrow for mtn riding , (sidehilling)
middle for mixed riding , (mixed )
wide for trail riding. (wide and flat )

Makes a huge difference !

How do you make it wide for trail riding?

i had no idea. I'll have a look tonight and see where mine are at. Is it all done with bushings? Is it in the manual?

gsxr said:
Most people don't realize the front skis on the xtx can be put on 3 ways. Just shuffle the bushings.

narrow for mtn riding , (sidehilling)
middle for mixed riding , (mixed )
wide for trail riding. (wide and flat )

Makes a huge difference !
I get narrow and wide, but whats mixed?

mixed riding bushing on each side...wide...bushings on outside(id run a thin washer bet. the spindle and mount) and narrow, bushings on inside..

ok, so some are running both spacer outside? leaving none inside?I would think that would be to far to side of ski. I did read about and do the wide/narrow swap, with narrow bushing inside, so this would be considered mixed?

The ski will not care , the sled is built this way to swap , the spindle is lots strong.

most crossover / mtn sleds can be changed !!!

the only concern I have is not the spindle but irregular wear on the spindle bushing..

"the only concern I have is not the spindle but irregular wear on the spindle bushing" QUOTE

The sled is made for this , any wear will be the softest material , the Ski , the same as before.

Properly torqued there should be no wear at the ski. The sides of the ski clamp down hard on a hollow shaft that runs through the spindle. The bushings in the spindle are the wear point - and these offset setups make a very good case for installing a zerk fitting there....now, or when you have it apart replacing the worn out bushings!

Wouldn't the extreme offset to one side or another contribute to "bump steer" becuase the turning axis of the spindle would not be centerline of the ski and carbide?

Just wondering..

Yes but it is Hard to measure bump steer on a slippery surface.

On dry , pavement etc , yes .

Back