• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx suspension settings

on a dual runner skis like the simmons the carbide that bites ... the inside....would get more ski pressure I think....

I wonder if that would have less roll because of width or more because of increased leverage against suspension. No riding here for last week, but left off wanting stiffer sway bar to allow me to leave front light with only couple turns preload. looking for some input from those who changed springs. If running stock springs near minimal would it help to have a weaker spring turned up more? any really good threads on springs?

Ok guys/gals I have been trying to get my XTX to rail all of last year and this year so far. The first post in this thread finally did it. I don't agree with everything but, the one sentence "remove all compression and rebound out of the front" finally did it. My sled corners almost as flat as my old SRX. Here is my set-up and this thing rails now.
Hygear triple rates installed IAW their instructions, full ccw on compression and rebound in front, 10mm pre-load on the center shock, torsion springs one side medium and the other hard (hygear spacers installed), minimum weight transfer on the couplers, ski's 6.9 pilots with 6"shapers and 4" stockers on the outside. I weigh about 230 in gear.
I never thought I would ever be able to say this thing rails. Very very little ski lift and when it does happen it's predictable and controlable.

rhoag said:
Ok guys/gals I have been trying to get my XTX to rail all of last year and this year so far. The first post in this thread finally did it. I don't agree with everything but, the one sentence "remove all compression and rebound out of the front" finally did it. My sled corners almost as flat as my old SRX. Here is my set-up and this thing rails now.
Hygear triple rates installed IAW their instructions, full ccw on compression and rebound in front, 10mm pre-load on the center shock, torsion springs one side medium and the other hard (hygear spacers installed), minimum weight transfer on the couplers, ski's 6.9 pilots with 6"shapers and 4" stockers on the outside. I weigh about 230 in gear.
I never thought I would ever be able to say this thing rails. Very very little ski lift and when it does happen it's predictable and controlable.
so what were you looking to do when swapping to triple rates and how did it work out. where were you with the stock ones?

rhoag said:

I found the exact same calibrations to work for me as well, with one exception of running stock center spring at 1/8" preload and C&A XT w/9" carbide. By far the best setup I've tried thus far..

its not just with double or triple rate springs...
and the center spring is the X factor...your rider weights all vary and this will vary also...but again the more you are over 200 the more this is critical...
rhoag Im sure this is a typo but you mention one torsion on medium and the other on hard...

Sj No that isn't a typo Hygear says they don't have to be on the same setting and that's what they recommended for my weight.
sgiltert I was trying to lower the front end with the triples and heard they worked well. I had the stock springs as loose as I could run them and that didn't work. All I know is this combination worked for me and I am very very critical of the XTX's handling.
Everyone is different and may not like this set-up. I found that with no compression and rebound the sled was harsh in the stutters and there is a lot of ski pressure with this set-up ... so hit the gym! But, when you turn it goes where you point it with both ski's firmly planted on the ground. I was actually trying to ride it like my SRX sliding it into a corner and then nailing it once pointed in the right direction!! Last year I let my friend ride it and he hated it ... this weekend he couldn't believe it was the same sled.

rhoag said:
Sj No that isn't a typo Hygear says they don't have to be on the same setting and that's what they recommended for my weight.
sgiltert I was trying to lower the front end with the triples and heard they worked well. I had the stock springs as loose as I could run them and that didn't work. All I know is this combination worked for me and I am very very critical of the XTX's handling.
Everyone is different and may not like this set-up. I found that with no compression and rebound the sled was harsh in the stutters and there is a lot of ski pressure with this set-up ... so hit the gym! But, when you turn it goes where you point it with both ski's firmly planted on the ground. I was actually trying to ride it like my SRX sliding it into a corner and then nailing it once pointed in the right direction!! Last year I let my friend ride it and he hated it ... this weekend he couldn't believe it was the same sled.
I like the sound of those springs, will call them monday

sj said:
its not just with double or triple rate springs...
and the center spring is the X factor...your rider weights all vary and this will vary also...but again the more you are over 200 the more this is critical...
rhoag Im sure this is a typo but you mention one torsion on medium and the other on hard...

Steve,
I've been doing the same for quite a while now....would endorse doing this as well. There's no way there's enough difference in load, assuming you have the brains to keep the cams within one click of each other, that they'll be enough difference between them to twist the rear arm.

interesting...so it kinda mixes the spring rates to effectively give you close to double the settings

sj said:
interesting...so it kinda mixes the spring rates to effectively give you close to double the settings

Exactly. When your setup gets close, you can really use it effectively. Also perfect for use with the X-Clicks with that 4th side....

here I am trying to figure out how to keep steering light and have aggressive handling, then looked over the posted pics of the race sled. what if one was to make tie rod mount extensions like on race sled. lose a few inches of steering but have much better steering leverage. might work with these simmons there is absolutley no oversteer even with front springs at minimum, meaning it turns aggresively with smallest amount of steering input

Back