• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Suspension Upgrade from Hygear

I got a chance to really work the rear setup before I totalled my sled and wow what a difference! I was passing everybody because they had to slow down from the whoops. I bottomed out once and it was a huge kicker so I wasn't surprised. It sucks up everything!
Totalled?? Hope your ok.o_O

I had a good test on the new setup last weekend, over 100 miles of all ditch riding in ND, anybody who has ridden ditches knows they can go from lots of powder to monster mogels, studder bumps and about everything else you can dream up, even some groomed area's, it was day and night difference, I even tried my buddy's 2014 Arctic Cat XF 7000 137, and I can say, mine rode much better then the XF... very happy with the new setup.

Just installed Hygear full meal deal on both Vipers, left the front where they were 65#s in the front of my wife's (plus 115 in the extra volume chambers).
Started at 185#s in the rear and 250#s in the extra volume chamber as per Hygear recommendation. The gear bag was filled with everything it normally carries plus 110lbs to simulate my wife's weight in full gear and a bit to spare.
I had 1 inch of sag in the rear suspension, I ended up with 115#s in the shock and set the extra volume chamber at 60#s over shock pressure to get 30% sag.

Mine ended at 70#s front plus 120#s in extra volume front, again because shock pressure was set where I was and set and added 50#s to the extra volume chambers only as starting point.
The rear ended at 125#s in the shock plus 60#s in the extra volume chamber to get 30% sag. I only went 50#s over shock pressure on the front and 60#s over on the back to have a starting point.
My question to the people running the Hygear set up is what are you running for pressures in your shock and extra volume chamber.
The weather here says our season is over ( a week of of plus 5 and minimal snow to start with) and this is year two of it not starting. So I will not have the opportunity to test.
I am 200#s plus gear, my wife is 95#s plus gear

I way 245 and we set the rear at 200/250 and the fronts are 65/150, When I sold the sled to a friend who is around 200lbs I changed only the rear to 185/250 and he loves it.

My shock/rider sag seem high compared to others... but that's what I needed to get the 3" recommendation with me on the sled...

Thanks to all for input.
Was really hoping to get some testing in this season, but that is very unlikely un less we get a late season dump of snow.
Hoping for a much better season next year, (one 150k ride in sh--y conditions really makes it hard to justify $30,000.00 invested in sleds) plus the $1800.00 CDN just dropped on the Hygear upgrade, and the list goes on.

Ive ran the hygear linkage with coilover shock as well as with float 3 and float evol currently. The linkage does take some transfer away. Its great for trail riding. Personally I like the float with no linkage as I like the progressive nature of the float for my riding style. having the right valving in the float is critical for good ride. 2015 floats have much better OEM valving then previous years. In fact if you have older rear floats you can order complete valve stacks with piston and replace the rough riding early floats. Youll gain WAY more by that change then adding air chamber to older float. Not everyone can rebuild shocks you need right tools for nitrogen replacement so if your not sure send it out your butt and back will thank you.

Also even though the 2015 plus floats have better valving(new piston design and bleed shim) it still doesnt compare to the ride you can get to having it revlaved by someone who knows what they are doing. The compression stack isnt far off but rebound stack leaves lots of ride quality on the table. Low speed rebound is too slow and high speed rebound is too fast so its stiffer on little bumps and swats you in the rear on big bumps.

Looking for some feedback, last year I installed the hygear 141 pro link and kept the stock fox float 2 rear skid shock. The issue I am having is that the sled really handles the short studder bumps quite well, but on the larger more spread out rollers I find that the sleds bottoms out easily and the the rebound is that of spring board. I'm running 125 psi in the rear shock and I am about 215lbs geared up. Would putting more air pressure in the rear shock help the problem or make the situation worse? Should I look at upgrading the float 2? Is there anyway to slow down the rebounding of the shock? Thanks for your help

Looking for some feedback, last year I installed the hygear 141 pro link and kept the stock fox float 2 rear skid shock. The issue I am having is that the sled really handles the short studder bumps quite well, but on the larger more spread out rollers I find that the sleds bottoms out easily and the the rebound is that of spring board. I'm running 125 psi in the rear shock and I am about 215lbs geared up. Would putting more air pressure in the rear shock help the problem or make the situation worse? Should I look at upgrading the float 2? Is there anyway to slow down the rebounding of the shock? Thanks for your help

You need to add the Hygear Dual Chamber to stop the bottoming.

Back