• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamacharger.... CPR now sells these....

What do they have setup on it as far as adding or taking away fuel, I didn't see anything, or does the stock apex computer calibrate for the extra boost?

ROCKERDAN said:
the bottom line will be....is 20HP worth 2grand to you?....if it is,im confident this will be a nice way to mod an apex....these guys at Gforce no their stuff!

I still think we will see something very similar on a production sled from yammie,maybe ever for 2011.

Dan

That's a Very Nice HP Increase for 2K, compared to spending 7K-8K for Boosted products. And your right those guys at G-FORCE are very good at making power Again it's all in what you are Looking 4 & How Much You R Willing 2 Spend

20 honest hp is very well worth 2k.I have spent that much to maybe get 1/3 that hp. I can,t wait to see how this set up runs head to head against a pipe/air filter/header combo which is getting very close in price. I think I know who my money is on.

pdrmike said:
What do they have setup on it as far as adding or taking away fuel, I didn't see anything, or does the stock apex computer calibrate for the extra boost?
Hi Mike, They attach a hose from the existing air pressure censor direct to the new plenum/Air box to read the pressure in the plenum instead of from atmosphere. I think they told me it can add up to 15% more fuel with the stock fuel system. Quite simple. kviper

kviper said:
pdrmike said:
Hi Mike, They attach a hose from the existing air pressure censor direct to the new plenum/Air box to read the pressure in the plenum instead of from atmosphere. I think they told me it can add up to 15% more fuel with the stock fuel system. Quite simple. kviper

I was wondering the same thing. Either this works, see above, or you will have to add some type of fuel controller to make the adjustments..

I dunno..... This thing looks like a huge piece of plastic with a small aluminum fan attached......

I know it's 1/3 or 1/2 the cost of an MPI s/c, but those things deliver HUGE hp increases. This thing looks like it's not worth it to me. I'm sorry.

if yammi developed their own s/c it would deliver 50+ hp increase at least. This one claims 20 hp, but I bet it's more like 5 or 6 hp increase track to the trail. Sorry, JMO......

Mike

It's unfortunate they are not more forthcoming with the dyno numbers. In one day they could have all the skeptics silenced... and the fact they haven't really done that (at least not how we would like it) is making more people skeptical imo. Then again they are not a site sponsor, so who is to say if they are even seeing these threads. That being said I think this will be the real deal, but with used superchargers typically available the price point is too close to a used system for me. It will be exciting to see how this performs though!!!

Yamcharger finally got here, Supposed to start on it on Tuesday. kviper

kviper said:

AHHH awesome!....so glad you got it!!

please post up as much as you can about everything,lots of pics on installation i expect buddy!...lol

Knowing Jeff will be working on this,it should be incredible...just keep tabs of anything Jeff thinks it may need to get more HP,or maybe it wont need a thing(except ofcourse more flyweight in primary)

Dan

snowdust2 said:
It's unfortunate they are not more forthcoming with the dyno numbers. In one day they could have all the skeptics silenced... and the fact they haven't really done that (at least not how we would like it) is making more people skeptical imo. Then again they are not a site sponsor, so who is to say if they are even seeing these threads. That being said I think this will be the real deal, but with used superchargers typically available the price point is too close to a used system for me. It will be exciting to see how this performs though!!!

not sure what you mean....there are two separate dyno figures floating around,and both seem to add 20hp range....if it produces 2lbs boost this makes perfect sense.

mntvipermn said:
I dunno..... This thing looks like a huge piece of plastic with a small aluminum fan attached......

I know it's 1/3 or 1/2 the cost of an MPI s/c, but those things deliver HUGE hp increases. This thing looks like it's not worth it to me. I'm sorry.

Mike
MPI blower stage 1 would add 5-6lbs boost for 4995,plus gauges and Blow off valve,so add another 600 and you are around 200HP,not a "HUGE" at stage 1 but about the same cost,$100 per HP....the downfall of a MPI blower is its higher boost,needs intercooler,fuel management,and alot more finiky IMO then this simple LOW BOOST system....

Im sure this is exactly what Gforce had in mind with this design....low boost means simple bolt on without many of the issues created with higher boost.

if yammi developed their own s/c it would deliver 50+ hp increase at least. This one claims 20 hp, but I bet it's more like 5 or 6 hp increase track to the trail. Sorry, JMO......

Yammie will never have a fact blower with those kind of BOOST levels....there would be no way they could cover it under warranty.

Dan

Pretty sure CR alluded to this product on SledTalk as the reason he was gonna be happy with his Apex for 1 more year. That right there could be PR mumbo jumbo defending not releasing a new big dog or it could be tacit support of this product with farther reaching implications. I'm inclined to believe this thing works and it could be on the next Apex release.

We should know soon enough. Well not really soon enough.

The only thing right now i don't like about the kit is the charger that pass trough right cover and can be it by the right ski too.I wish they could make it
more stealth.

Well-alot of nay-sayers to this product..I quess i aim going to be the guinny pig on this one for you all..BUT in saying that - i aim NOT going in to this blind..I HAVE sorced all info. on this..I also talked to Dan (G-Force) for over 1 hour this morning and asked all my questions and talked about my concerns..He was a great guy to talk to and VERY honest in what was and was not going to happen..I aim going to make the 12 drive there and they are setting my sled up on Jan..11........As of some of the talk here-- .yes 2lb boost and lower rpm gain/// all system IS inside the sled(stealth)..all mods. i have can stay (but NO ram air)//system will work good with PC and staying with it will add 2hp but NOT needed/they will reprogram all ///timing add 4 degrees//reclucthing (weighting) done there and if my setup is not giveing full hp. they have there own arms for the system//91 fuel needed for better hp.//system NOT made of all plastic// OOO and the proof IS in the dyno reports.........I beleive that these guys are good at what they do !! Or they would not have set a new World Record on the sand flats...My sled will be on the dyno (track) 6 to 10 times that day for test and tune..Before and many times after setting timing and clucthing....I no that i have spent as much on the things i have done to my sled AND did not gain 20hp ...SO i aim going to try this system !! I have nothing but good things to say about the G-Force guys after talking with them..If the nay-sayers what more info. then it is simple CALL 819-849-4849 and ask for Dan......... :yam: I will forsure let you all no what happens !!!!!...............Brian

ROCKERDAN said:
snowdust2 said:

not sure what you mean....there are two separate dyno figures floating around,and both seem to add 20hp range....if it produces 2lbs boost this makes perfect sense.

mntvipermn said:

Mike
MPI blower stage 1 would add 5-6lbs boost for 4995,plus gauges and Blow off valve,so add another 600 and you are around 200HP,not a "HUGE" at stage 1 but about the same cost,$100 per HP....the downfall of a MPI blower is its higher boost,needs intercooler,fuel management,and alot more finiky IMO then this simple LOW BOOST system....

Im sure this is exactly what Gforce had in mind with this design....low boost means simple bolt on without many of the issues created with higher boost.

Yammie will never have a fact blower with those kind of BOOST levels....there would be no way they could cover it under warranty.

Dan
......WELL SAID...

ROCKERDAN said:
kviper said:

AHHH awesome!....so glad you got it!!

please post up as much as you can about everything,lots of pics on installation i expect buddy!...lol

Dan

I was seriously thinking of going with a MPI S.C. on my new build, but I sure do like this set up at lot.........have you thought about which way you are going Dan, as this sure looks very good. :flag:

Back