• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha has given me no choice.... I'm going with SkiDoo!

Yeah, you carry them in your backpack, and they clip onto the driveshaft when the motor blows so you can pedal your sled home...

HAHAHAHA nice one mud99. Honestly though in my opinion, for a newbie suffering through all that getting stuck business just makes a person a better rider because it will build strength. Whenever one of my riding buddies gets stuck I'm usually the first one to help, and oddly enough I ALWAYS get stuck less than anyone else here. Only way I do get stuck is when I try somethin I know noone around would get through.

yamahamaniac said:
HAHAHAHA nice one mud99. Honestly though in my opinion, for a newbie suffering through all that getting stuck business just makes a person a better rider because it will build strength. Whenever one of my riding buddies gets stuck I'm usually the first one to help, and oddly enough I ALWAYS get stuck less than anyone else here. Only way I do get stuck is when I try somethin I know noone around would get through.

"That which does not kill you only makes you stronger"... I believe in that theory as well. However, most Newbies DON"T understand this theory. And like you said, I'm the one who gets to help them get unstuck, which cuts into my carving time. The bottom line is if they're not having FUN, and being stuck a lot is NOT fun for a Newbie, then they won't want to ride again. And if we do not continue to add new riders that ENJOY this sport to our ranks, the better chance the Eco-Terrorist have of shutting us down. Not to mention lack of demand for new sleds puts the manufactures in a bad finacial position which cuts back on R&D on new sleds.

I know it makes you a smarter rider owning a 4-stroke you don't make stupid mistakes to get yourself stuck unlike your idiot friends who think they're invincible. I just quit digging them out maybe I'll ride by and throw them a shovel but I don't help them anymore unless I absolutely have to.

I just got a used Apex took 100 pounds of it now it kicks almost any stocker no matter what you want to do.

Maybe they are only for the hardcore riders that know how to build there own?????? The best mod platform out there.

I for one like it that way ----My way------cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 136
powder muncher said:
I just got a used Apex took 100 pounds of it now it kicks almost any stocker no matter what you want to do.

Maybe they are only for the hardcore riders that know how to build there own?????? The best mod platform out there.

;)! ;)! two thumbs up - smartest thing i've read on here in 2 months -

powder muncher said:

I also agree... Although I bought mine new, I too shaved off about 100#'s and it now is an incredible sled in the powder. Buying a used Apex IS a great platform to mod, but the price of them just went up because Yamaha isn't making them anymore... I guess you could buy a post 2010 short track and stretch it out and still get the same sled. But the fact that Yamaha isn't interested in the mountain market is a big turn-off to me.

When I say I usually help them it's mostly because I consider it a workout and just help to keep myself in shape in my own strange way haha. Also it's easier for them to return the favor if the big blue tank gets bogged down.

my son

I like a yammie you a poo.and so on..my son says my sled is too heavy..lol..hes 6-4 ..260..he just likes the look of the dragon..and the sound..(noise )..and smell..( stink )..but then again hes a lazzy teen and knows nothing...lol..good thing we are all different.and its good to know where he is..on a rope behind me..lol.. ;)!

Haha hey man I'm a teen but weight isn't gonna stop me from riding something that's atleast reliable. In my mind it just makes me a better rider. I'm used to handling a ton so when I get on something else it's all like a toy. Dad allows that my sled always has something wrong with it and it's high maintenance but I don't know what he's talking about, if it wasn't for all the bearings going in the jackshaft/chaincase area my sled has never had a problem. The accident and the roll over had nothing to do with the reliability of the sled. Makes me mad when people say something like that.

Back