• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

had to doo it

nytro11tom said:
Make sure your new nytro has a extended warranty.You may need a new motor in less than 3000 miles.Mine blew in 2600 miles, never boosted either, and if you look around on the web mine is not the only one.Oh and you cant buy a new motor you have to buy used or spend $6000 for parts and put them together. :Rockon:

Man are you bitter about that, which don't blame you but you are in a very small group. Btw ulmer has a complete nytro motor for $2800.....

sorenson1610 said:
nytro11tom said:
Make sure your new nytro has a extended warranty.You may need a new motor in less than 3000 miles.Mine blew in 2600 miles, never boosted either, and if you look around on the web mine is not the only one.Oh and you cant buy a new motor you have to buy used or spend $6000 for parts and put them together. :Rockon:

Man are you bitter about that, which don't blame you but you are in a very small group. Btw ulmer has a complete nytro motor for $2800.....
I haven't seen anything about these motors blowing, man I hope your wrong about that but I put on 700 miles this year with it and love it. If I blow a damn four stroke I might just have to be done with snowmobiling. I thought these things were bullet proof, a least thats what I read. Well anyway I have a 5 year warrenty!

Most of the engine problems stem from ......oil filter , after you take it off make sure you check to make sure the old O-Ring off old filter didn't stick to the engine....because if it stays on and you put another filter on , it would seal and engine doesn't get oil and well you know what will happen after that....

Also if you don't get the mountain tech skid plate you could hit something under the snow and damage the oil filter and well you will have engine failure

My local dealer has sold over 1200 4strokes since the RX-1.
1 Apex engine failure
1 Phazer engine failure
=.07 failure rate

Had nothing to do with oil filter o ring.If I would have hit something that would of been perfect insurance would of gave me $8500. Wouldn't you be bitter if you spent $10,000 and in 2600 miles and 1 day less than 2 years you end up a pile of junk.Reading forums like this and researching to find the most reliable motor you can and then this happens and Yamaha does nothing.I never blown a 4 stroke motor and have had many.

nytro11tom said:
Had nothing to do with oil filter o ring.If I would have hit something that would of been perfect insurance would of gave me $8500. Wouldn't you be bitter if you spent $10,000 and in 2600 miles and 1 day less than 2 years you end up a pile of junk.Reading forums like this and researching to find the most reliable motor you can and then this happens and Yamaha does nothing.I never blown a 4 stroke motor and have had many.
Isnt this normal on the doo side,spend $10000 and its guranteed it will blow up,and they outsell every other brand,i still dont get it

nytro11tom said:

Said I didn't blame you haha :sled1:

Did you tear it apart to figure out why the failure??? What's the story.......

nytro11tom said:
Make sure your new nytro has a extended warranty.You may need a new motor in less than 3000 miles.Mine blew in 2600 miles, never boosted either, and if you look around on the web mine is not the only one.Oh and you cant buy a new motor you have to buy used or spend $6000 for parts and put them together. :Rockon: loooooooove it

10000 miles on my Nytro XTX and still running strong... sooner or later there will be a few failures...it s just the way it is. No Manufacture is perfect by any means...

Back