• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha has let me down.

I too am sorry to hear about your issues with the electronic shocks, and Yamaha's lack of support. I have to believe Yamaha will work it out for you, but it is frustrating to spend that kind of money on an awesome new toy, and not have it right from the beginning. Their lack of responsiveness to you is troubling; keep at them until you get someone who will listen to you, and take care of you.

My buddy and I just bought a pair of Sidewinders; the dealer had the LE and an SRX with the electronic shocks, and a plain Jane DX. We passed on the SRX because we wanted deeper lugged tracks, but the SRX is one sharp looking sled! I opted out on the LE primarily because my past experience with remotely adjustable shocks has not been very good. I do like the LE color combo (Yamaha Blue and Hi Vis), and I love the 1.6" x 137" track, but I am very happy with my DX.

Just an update, I never received a call from the supervisor.

One of the problems is that any complex machine is only as good as it's cheapest or most fragile component and in this day of sourcing from the lowest bidder it's bound to have problems. We need to go back to the days of sourcing from the lowest bidder who meets the requirements.

There is definitely something going on and I don’t feel it’s just a Yamaha/ cat deal.. seeing it in a lot of different brands/ products.

I’ve been waiting for an intake temp sensor that has been put on back order now for a viper and I have no idea when it may arrive. The problem with the SRX being a limited build there likely aren’t many extra modules lying around even at the factory. Also I don’t blame a dealer for not taking one off another sled.. what will he do with the one in the showroom? Sit on it all year?

As someone who works for a dealer, a ford dealer, it sucks to have these issues with no support from the people who produce the product. “Best selling pickup on the market” but the doors won’t open and close in the cold. 2 recalls, service bulletins for Mickey Mouse fixes..it’s just ignorant to the people who spent thousands on these vehicles just like the sleds. Been building trucks for years, clearly they didn’t do much cold weather testing like they claim they do or they would have saw this problem. Adding insult to injury, customers are just getting more frustrated when they come in to have an issue fixed only for it to act up again.

It seems the SRX active suspension was a last minute thrown together gimick to push sales for 2019. They’ve been there done that with the apex and the electric ohlins. I love have adjustable shocks but realistically I get a sled dialed in and rarely adjust it afterwards unless conditions drastically change.

I hope they resolve this issue for you as like with anyone the season is way too short for stuff like this. It sucks to take it out on the dealer but realistically it’s the only real connection you have between yourself and Yamaha and the whole reason why they are there.

There is definitely something going on and I don’t feel it’s just a Yamaha/ cat deal.. seeing it in a lot of different brands/ products.

I’ve been waiting for an intake temp sensor that has been put on back order now for a viper and I have no idea when it may arrive. The problem with the SRX being a limited build there likely aren’t many extra modules lying around even at the factory. Also I don’t blame a dealer for not taking one off another sled.. what will he do with the one in the showroom? Sit on it all year?

As someone who works for a dealer, a ford dealer, it sucks to have these issues with no support from the people who produce the product. “Best selling pickup on the market” but the doors won’t open and close in the cold. 2 recalls, service bulletins for Mickey Mouse fixes..it’s just ignorant to the people who spent thousands on these vehicles just like the sleds. Been building trucks for years, clearly they didn’t do much cold weather testing like they claim they do or they would have saw this problem. Adding insult to injury, customers are just getting more frustrated when they come in to have an issue fixed only for it to act up again.

It seems the SRX active suspension was a last minute thrown together gimick to push sales for 2019. They’ve been there done that with the apex and the electric ohlins. I love have adjustable shocks but realistically I get a sled dialed in and rarely adjust it afterwards unless conditions drastically change.

I hope they resolve this issue for you as like with anyone the season is way too short for stuff like this. It sucks to take it out on the dealer but realistically it’s the only real connection you have between yourself and Yamaha and the whole reason why they are there.
'Just in time' Demand flow Technology' Six Sigma' ISO 9000' and on and on. Sounds good on paper....
It takes too long nowadays to do real world extended testing. Thats left to the consumer. And vendors check their 'process', not part inspection. If the process makes a good part, run em!! We used to inspect 100% back in the day...you know, stuff that doesn't matter, like turbine blades....lol. Guess what happens when a customers turbine (gas or steam) blade winds up in the next county? Yeah.
I can understand a design issue, but parts and pieces of proven technology from vendors should not be failing. JMO.

Just an update, I never received a call from the supervisor.
Corporate Yamaha does not care about your problem, its up to the dealer and his reps to solve this issue, this is typical Cat junk and your machine is not the first to have this happen to, your dealer may be great but did he tell you about this problem and others before you laid your money down, if your happy riding in the soft position and not having any other issue's then enjoy your ride, Yamaha/Cat may not get back to you till June.

So sorry to hear of your problems, that sucks!
It’s going this way with everything nowadays. Big money for junk! All kinds of stupid beatch features you don’t need, so they can justify big price tags. If I had to pay a dealer for all the stupid maintenance/breakdown repairs I would be broke and not riding.
Here’s the thing, most wealthy people like having these features. It’s more important to them too tell everybody about all these features instead of actually riding. They are the ones putting on 500 miles a season, riding from bar to bar, testifying to everyone how great their new sled is.
Yamaha Has targeted the upper income groups as always, so they are just giving them what they want. I just wish the reliability was still in the sleds, sorry to say I think it’s gone forever. Building reliable sleds is not a way too make money. They are following the path of the auto manufacturers, sell a new vehicle every couple of years to the wealthy.
M2C

PS.
the side detection system failed on my car at 40k miles, they want $1400 to fix something I never use. They want $400 for one sensor I know costs $20 to manufacture.

So sorry to hear of your problems, that sucks!
It’s going this way with everything nowadays. Big money for junk! All kinds of stupid beatch features you don’t need, so they can justify big price tags. If I had to pay a dealer for all the stupid maintenance/breakdown repairs I would be broke and not riding.
Here’s the thing, most wealthy people like having these features. It’s more important to them too tell everybody about all these features instead of actually riding. They are the ones putting on 500 miles a season, riding from bar to bar, testifying to everyone how great their new sled is.
Yamaha Has targeted the upper income groups as always, so they are just giving them what they want. I just wish the reliability was still in the sleds, sorry to say I think it’s gone forever. Building reliable sleds is not a way too make money. They are following the path of the auto manufacturers, sell a new vehicle every couple of years to the wealthy.
M2C

PS.
the side detection system failed on my car at 40k miles, they want $1400 to fix something I never use. They want $400 for one sensor I know costs $20 to manufacture.
I have a friend like that, he buys a brand new ski Doo every other year, puts a ton of accessories on it, invites all his buddies to the garage to show off all the features it has, puts on maybe 200 miles on a season and says he rides snowmobile's, his 800 xrs had 367 miles on it when it got traded for a 850.

I have a friend like that, he buys a brand new ski Doo every other year, puts a ton of accessories on it, invites all his buddies to the garage to show off all the features it has, puts on maybe 200 miles on a season and says he rides snowmobile's, his 800 xrs had 367 miles on it when it got traded for a 850.

Yep there’s a lot more than you think, you just never see them on the trails. Too lazy or too cold, there’s always an excuse, I know a couple guys like that. they usually have a fast car and boat they never use too!

Yep there’s a lot more than you think, you just never see them on the trails. Too lazy or too cold, there’s always an excuse, I know a couple guys like that. they usually have a fast car and boat they never use too!
Exactly!!!

What was the update the dealer performed? Can they go back? Grease all the connections?

How is this a bad thing? The dealer and manufacturer get money every couple years. That sled get sold for significant mark down to someone who probably couldn't afford such things. Your friend is happy because he gets a new machine. Sounds like it's a win for everyone

How is this a bad thing? The dealer and manufacturer get money every couple years. That sled get sold for significant mark down to someone who probably couldn't afford such things. Your friend is happy because he gets a new machine. Sounds like it's a win for everyone

Because the manufacturers put stupid features on that are big money to satisfy these so called “snowmobilers”. Perfect example are these electronic shocks, total waste of money. What..... now it’s to difficult to stop and turn a knob? Just more stuff to break, it’s a gimmick BS that increases the price of the sled $1000 or more.

The update was for the suspension module, it was a bulletin to swap it out with a new one.

I've been waiting to hear about how reliable the new electronic shock system is/was....

Back