• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha has let me down.

Because the manufacturers put stupid features on that are big money to satisfy these so called “snowmobilers”. Perfect example are these electronic shocks, total waste of money. What..... now it’s to difficult to stop and turn a knob? Just more stuff to break, it’s a gimmick BS that increases the price of the sled $1000 or more.

Yeah like power windows and AC in our trucks. Or cell phones or GPS and plastic skis. All of this stuff was at one time a "gimmick", now its standard on nearly every vehicle and they work well. It's not any (rich or poor) consumer's fault that the manufacture puts out stuff that doesn't work as intended or that has not been tested. Thats how progress is made. Another example is long travel suspension. Not the best when introduced in 1995, but sleds ride much better now.

Hi there,

First i would like to apologize for the issues you have had with your SRX, and secondly any delays in correspondence you have had with customer service.

What is the latest update with your sled? Has everything been sorted out or are you still awaiting parts? Feel free to PM me.
We never want to see anyone miss riding time, especially waiting for a part. We will try our best to get you back on snow as soon as possible.

The IQS system has been very good so far, and any issues we have had with the system have been rare. We had some early sleds that we swapped the module out due to a programming change but these were not failures, some of the earliest IQS sleds built weren't programmed to keep the last setting when the sled was shut off. We updated these units such that when the sled is shut off, when it is restarted it would be in the same setting.

Thank you for being a loyal Yamaha customer, and we hope that outside of the issues with the unit you have been enjoying your SRX. It is an amazing snowmobile.

-NA SMB Team.

I have always been a loyal Yamaha customer. From my snowmobiles to my VMAX motorcycle and kids dirt bikes.

I recently bought the $17,000 Sidewinder SRX and what issues I have had. The first time I rode it it broke down with 27 miles on it. had to tow it home Someone at the factory didn't plug in the voltage rectifier. Then they performed the electric shock update because there was a bulletin. I brought the sled home from the dealer and headed up north for my three day snowmobile trip. With in four blocks it started giving me a c1526 code on vacation. the suspension was stuck in soft the whole week.

Brought it to the dealer and they can't fix it because Yamaha will not send them the suspension module because they are having a wide spread issue and I was told they need to figure out a fix.

Called customer support and she said they didn't know when they would have the parts available. she was going to call me on the following Monday morning with a update after she talked with the corporate service tech. as you can imagine she didn't call. So I called her and she is busy.

Thats what you get for being a loyal customer and buying the most expensive sled on the market. not even a call back.

Hi there,

First i would like to apologize for the issues you have had with your SRX, and secondly any delays in correspondence you have had with customer service.

What is the latest update with your sled? Has everything been sorted out or are you still awaiting parts? Feel free to PM me.
We never want to see anyone miss riding time, especially waiting for a part. We will try our best to get you back on snow as soon as possible.

The IQS system has been very good so far, and any issues we have had with the system have been rare. We had some early sleds that we swapped the module out due to a programming change but these were not failures, some of the earliest IQS sleds built weren't programmed to keep the last setting when the sled was shut off. We updated these units such that when the sled is shut off, when it is restarted it would be in the same setting.

Thank you for being a loyal Yamaha customer, and we hope that outside of the issues with the unit you have been enjoying your SRX. It is an amazing snowmobile.

-NA SMB Team.
Wow!!! Now that sounds like you offer a great service, what dealership are you with ? I see your from Ontario.

I called again customer support, they told me some supervisor is assigned and noted in the case that I called again. No contact from back.

Wow!!! Now that sounds like you offer a great service, what dealership are you with ? I see your from Ontario.
I believe he is an actual Yamaha employee or rep. Good to see a response to this problem. This customer spent a fortune for the latest technology from Yamaha. Now of course I am biased but because I bought 2 New Vectors and not Apex. They will not replace my defective rear shocks. Cold! But anyway I hope because you spent $7000.00 more than I did per sled. They take care of your problem. I just feel in my case this a poor corporate attitude. Stand behind your product or get out of the business. You know you have a problem. Why else did you immediately develop a new shock . And only offer it to Apex owners. Even though it is the exact same part#. It does not matter what I spent. These are the first new snowmobiles I have ever bought. So I have an extremely bad taste in my mouth right now! Sorry if I stole your thread and good luck! Don't get me wrong these are the most impressive snowmobiles I have ever owned. The EPS and programmable throttle are the Cats #*$&@. No pun intended. But I am an independent manufactures representative. We have 85% of the market share in our field. If we treated customers this way I would need to find another job!

Last edited:
I believe he is an actual Yamaha employee or rep. Good to see a response to this problem. This customer spent a fortune for the latest technology from Yamaha. Now of course I am biased but because I bought 2 New Vectors and not Apex. They will not replace my defective rear shocks. Cold! But anyway I hope because you spent $7000.00 more than I did per sled. They take care of your problem. I just feel in my case this a poor corporate attitude. Stand behind your product or get out of the business. You know you have a problem. Why else did you immediately develop a new shock . And only offer it to Apex owners. Even though it is the exact same part#. It does not matter what I spent. These are the first new snowmobiles I have ever bought. So I have an extremely bad taste in my mouth right now! Sorry if I stole your thread and good luck!
It doesn't matter the amount spent on a product, the customer should be helped (within the warranty period) no matter the dollar amount.

I hope it is someone from Yamaha. I was told by two of the biggest dealers in the midwest that Yamaha is not sending any modules out. If you search in the Sidewinder forum for c15xx codes there is a long post with others that have this issue.

It doesn't matter the amount spent on a product, the customer should be helped (within the warranty period) no matter the dollar amount.

Thank you I asked the Service Manager after the first purchase and he printed the Yamaha response witch said we only know of the Apex having problems. I called Yamaha Customer service and they just referred to their Bulletin only for Apex. I have bought YES warranty for both these machines because of the electronics involved.

Yeah like power windows and AC in our trucks. Or cell phones or GPS and plastic skis. All of this stuff was at one time a "gimmick", now its standard on nearly every vehicle and they work well. It's not any (rich or poor) consumer's fault that the manufacture puts out stuff that doesn't work as intended or that has not been tested. Thats how progress is made. Another example is long travel suspension. Not the best when introduced in 1995, but sleds ride much better now.

I loved the long travel when it came out, cell phones are great, I’ve had one since the “Bag phones” came out. Power windows I could do without.
Most people if given the option to have a knob or a electronic button for $1000 extra would tell you I’ll take the knob. (Not to mention more reliable)
Especially true if they couldn’t “show” anybody or brag about it.
Eventually the manufacturer has people hooked on costly features, and its a race to have more features than your neighbors.

Personally I would like to see the money go towards more reliable relays or a clutch that doesn’t wear out in 1000 miles. Those are not glamorous items tho. Maybe you will change your tune when your sled won’t start in -20 weather 75 miles from home.
M2C

I loved the long travel when it came out, cell phones are great, I’ve had one since the “Bag phones” came out. Power windows I could do without.
Most people if given the option to have a knob or a electronic button for $1000 extra would tell you I’ll take the knob. (Not to mention more reliable)
Eventually the manufacturer has people hooked on costly features, and its a race to have more features than your neighbors.

Personally I would like to see the money go towards more reliable relays or a clutch that doesn’t wear out in 1000 miles. Those are not glamorous items tho. Maybe you will change your tune when your sled won’t start in -20 weather 75 miles from home.
M2C

Crazy that Yamaha had trouble with the Viper starting in cold weather. That should never happen. I'm lucky that it never happened to me, but I had several Apexes. You know the last great all Yamaha sled. LOL. They always started even at -35 in Quebec. I guess it comes down to what each individual finds useful and what it adds to your sledding experience. I have no use for a turbo on a sled, or a sled with more than 150 hp, but many on here do. Who is right? The only other thing i would say is that if you are around people that "have to show off their stuff" you need to hang out with different people. Enjoy the ride.

M2C
I have to say I would gladly take crank windows in my truck. I say that because both my POWER windows quit working in my F150. Dealer said it could be 10 different things. Well to me that sounds like they will throw things at it until its fixed and it will cost me #*$&@ loads of money just so my windows will go down. If I had crank windows this would have never happened. So for now I'm dealing with now windows at all.

Called again, the supervisor was in a meeting. Still no call back. This is the 4th call to try to get a supervisor on the line.

Last edited:
Hi there,

-NA SMB Team.
When my sidewinder suspension broke at 650km on super bowl Sunday 2 yrs ago that was it for my season! Sorry, parts on back order was the constant story. That with the horrible experience I had when I was to pick up my sled at the dealership. Yamaha did not help me with getting the sled back out quickly.

Back