• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha has let me down.

I just wanted to provide an update, Yamaha never contacted me back. The customer Service supervisor never returned my call after calling them four times. The dealer tells me Yamaha will not send parts and that its a waiting game. I would have liked to heard something straight from Yamaha and at least the respect of a call back after buying blue for soo long.

I have decided to fix the issue my self. I am fortunate enough to be in a position to cut my looses and sell the machine to another member that has a home in the snow belt. I only have so much time too ride and when I go on vacation I need a dependable machine. by the way he is very aware of the issues with the sled and I made him a deal that reflected the inconvenience he will have.

I have bought one of the most expensive snowmobiles on the market because I loved the old SRX700. The new one handles and is fast but in my opinion they put the name on before the quality went in.

I spent and now am out a lot of money . thanks Yamaha for that and no call back! Maybe its a good idea that you get out of the snowmobile game if you can't support your customers and fix your products.

Good luck everyone and ride safe!

Thanks
Scott

That's is just awful Scott, I thought for sure your dealer and Yamaha would come up with something to fix your issue to get you going and riding Yamaha with confidence again, after laying your hard earned money down on Yamaha's flagship sled you expected Yamaha to stand behind their product or at least give you a call back reassuring you that your issue would be addressed in a timely fashion, I hope this experience you had will not deter you from this wonderful sport of snowmobiling, not sure how the other brands support works but does not hurt to ask, thank you for sharing your experience dealing with Yamaha.

I'm really sorry to hear of your bad experience... but what depenpendable machine did you get to replace the Yamaha ?

I just wanted to provide an update, Yamaha never contacted me back. The customer Service supervisor never returned my call after calling them four times. The dealer tells me Yamaha will not send parts and that its a waiting game. I would have liked to heard something straight from Yamaha and at least the respect of a call back after buying blue for soo long.

I have decided to fix the issue my self. I am fortunate enough to be in a position to cut my looses and sell the machine to another member that has a home in the snow belt. I only have so much time too ride and when I go on vacation I need a dependable machine. by the way he is very aware of the issues with the sled and I made him a deal that reflected the inconvenience he will have.

I have bought one of the most expensive snowmobiles on the market because I loved the old SRX700. The new one handles and is fast but in my opinion they put the name on before the quality went in.

I spent and now am out a lot of money . thanks Yamaha for that and no call back! Maybe its a good idea that you get out of the snowmobile game if you can't support your customers and fix your products.

Good luck everyone and ride safe!

Thanks
Scott

That $uks! I’m not sure what your options are for reliability on a new sled, guessing it’s gonna be hard to find anything. I can tell you guys who think this chassis is a good handling machine that it really isn’t. I rode a 2018 ProS 800 this weekend and i can confirm this sled absolutely hands down handles much better than our Vipers/Winders. It’s so much lighter is unbelievable. Better in the bumps too. Not sure of the reliability but my friend has had no major issues this far 4000 miles. The ONLY reason I continue to run my sled is the power levels are much higher.
M2C

Update! I was contacted by JMS@Yamaha he said he was with Yamaha snowmobile devision. I provided him all my information and he messaged me back saying he talked to customer relations and someone from customer relations was going to call me shortly.

You will never guess!

Its been a few days and NO contact from them. Yamaha can't even get Yamaha to call me.

Makes you think.

I have always been a loyal Yamaha customer. From my snowmobiles to my VMAX motorcycle and kids dirt bikes.

I recently bought the $17,000 Sidewinder SRX and what issues I have had. The first time I rode it it broke down with 27 miles on it. had to tow it home Someone at the factory didn't plug in the voltage rectifier. Then they performed the electric shock update because there was a bulletin. I brought the sled home from the dealer and headed up north for my three day snowmobile trip. With in four blocks it started giving me a c1526 code on vacation. the suspension was stuck in soft the whole week.

Brought it to the dealer and they can't fix it because Yamaha will not send them the suspension module because they are having a wide spread issue and I was told they need to figure out a fix.

Called customer support and she said they didn't know when they would have the parts available. she was going to call me on the following Monday morning with a update after she talked with the corporate service tech. as you can imagine she didn't call. So I called her and she is busy.

Thats what you get for being a loyal customer and buying the most expensive sled on the market. not even a call back.

I too have been a loyal Yamaha owner all my life because No. 1 they have never let me down! I have friends having this engine rebuilt and changed a piston in this or lost a crank in that etc. To be honest I’ve never seen what the inside of any of my Yamaha engines look like. I own 24 Yamaha’s from my little 1980’s 2hp outboard right up to the 225 hp outboards on my cabin cruiser and everything in between. Generators, 4wheeler, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, waverunners, Jet boat, snowblower and the list goes on. But one thing I’m proud to say is that I don’t have a close relationship with my local Yamaha dealer because I rarely need to go there. A part that wears out now and then, a rubber seal of some sort or a bearing for an idler wheel, maybe a shock here and there or new belt etc.
I purchased the first RX-1 in my town in 03 and only retired it (sold it) to purchase a new Venture TF as soon as I learned that a Venture was coming out with the Arctic Cat body.
There was no way I was going to own one of these Yamicats. I’m not one to buy a new sled every 3 or 4 years like a BRP Ski-Doo owner has to before their engines start failing. When I purchase a sled it’s to last me 7 or 8+ years. With this Venture having a 20 year warranty or 150,000kms I’m confident (and hoping) that by the time I’m looking to upgrade again, this whole ridiculous merger with Yamaha and Arctic Cat will be long gone and Yamaha will be back to putting their bullet proof engines inside their very own designed, above and beyond (sometimes over-engineered) nicely fit and finished bodies.

I wanted to provide a update, Yamaha Customer Relations did reach out to me thanks to JMS@Yamaha. I was at least able to voice my displeasure, concerns and hear excuses why they did not get a call back.

I am unhappy with the service dealers provide after the sale. I dont want to vent on this thread, but I am wondering if anyone knows of an email where I can contact Yamaha and voice my opinion? I dont want a phone number, they will just bore me apologies and excuses. Thanks in advance for any help!

From my experience, every time I had dealer service, I was sent a survey from Yamaha about the service I received. Well, after an issue with my last service visit and no response from dealer after sending multiple emails, I used the survey to voice my displeasure. Within a few weeks, I received a letter from Yamaha Customer Relations noting the comments I made in my survey and their hopes that the issue had been resolved but if not to contact them. I did just that and now they have been working with the dealer to rectify the issue.

Back