• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha luggage?????

lucky_7 said:
You have to get one with BOTH a chest strap and a waist strap. Having both of those really takes the load off of the shoulders and keeps it really tight to your back.

A few of my buddies have HMK packs and they really like them.
Cool thanks for the help

I have an Ogio backpack (three six is the model I believe) and it is excellent. It's not overly large so you can't over pack it. What's really cool is that it has a shovel pouch on the front and I picked up a shovel on sale last year.

I don't even know I'm wearing it most of the time. But the storage of a few key items (survival gear, spare goggles, etc is key). It has the chest and waist straps as well as a lined goggle pouch, water bladder pouch (I don't use it).

I think it's actually designed for snowboarders, but it was an excellent ebay pickup.

Photo included.

I got it here - through ebay

http://www.evogear.com/outlet/backpacks ... -pack.aspx

13248.Image.1.jpg

Attachments

• pack.jpg
    pack.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 67
Have used this on everything since the RX1. (not properly mounted yet,but it fits)

Attachments

• trailtank 020.jpg
    trailtank 020.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 77
Anybody use the blue Yamaha performance back pack? They have one one ebay right now, and didn't know if you liked it as much as the klim? I kind of like that it has the reflective piping. I do mostly trail riding, not boondocking. Want it to feel free, not like it is tugging at each turn/corner.

tcona-AGT said:
Have used this on everything since the RX1. (not properly mounted yet,but it fits)

I bought the same bag. Are you planning on mounting it over the seat portion or further back over the plastic muffler cover? The heat from the muffler concerns me. The plastic cover still heats up. If you installed it, pics would be great.

ApexLTXGT said:
tcona-AGT said:

I bought the same bag. Are you planning on mounting it over the seat portion or further back over the plastic muffler cover? The heat from the muffler concerns me. The plastic cover still heats up. If you installed it, pics would be great.

pretty much where it is sitting there--on the seat just ahead of themuffler cover--still plenty of seat.

sheetwright said:
Superman said:
My sled is set up like Blu2U2's. With the tank bag, saddlebags, large windshield bag (with tall shield) I can go for over a week on a bagger trip. I'm also picking up a backpack this year. I've been happy with Yami accessories.

This may sound dumb, but any back pack more comfortable then another? Especially on the bumps. Any one more water proof also? Remember the days when you were a kid and that thing dug in your shoulders. :tg:
I'm going to look around Novi to see what's available. I'm probably leaning toward a Yamaha backpack but I like the looks of the KLIM pictured above. I have the same concerns about what it will feel like but if I'm on a long trail run I think I'm willing to give it a try. I've never used a backpack before.
tcona-AGT said:
ApexLTXGT said:
tcona-AGT said:

pretty much where it is sitting there--on the seat just ahead of themuffler cover--still plenty of seat.

With the 4 mounting points, ( 2 straps to the bumper and 2 to the tunnel) I have never had a problem with getting after it on a rough trail with this saddlebag.

Back