• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha makes the best sleds on snow period

THE-TRUTH

Oh well, what can I say, I'm crazy over sleds man. Especially Yamaha's Apex line of sleds.

I have been a hardcore Polaris guy all my life. Then I sat on the Apex GT and that's all she wrote. I'm snow checking a 2008 this March. If the Fusion 900 with a claimed 150hp was all it was supposed to be, I'd still be hardcore Polaris, but no it sucked.

What I want in a sled is 150hp reliability, good ride, and looks; Yamaha has nailed all of these qualities. So why the hell would i buy anything else? But thank God I wasn't one of the suckers who bought the 2005 fusion 900. I have heard too many horror stories about Polaris and their big bores, aka Storm, Fusion.

Now back to Yamaha. My dealer sells Polaris and Yamaha, and told me that Yamaha's Apex is the best all around sled on snow. Than I asked why has Polaris stopped making the 900 and what the hell went wrong? Then he tells me the Fusion 900 is canned man. He says Polaris has decided to stop kicking a dead horse. Then I thought oh my god its like superman just got killed in front of my eyes. Polaris is falling away from grace in the sled industry.

I'm getting of the Polaris ship before she goes down. Wish me luck on a Yamaha. Oh and a happy new year to all of you and best of wishes for the year of 2007.

Yup i had there 05 confusion,and wondered all yaer why i ever traded in my 03 rx1 but now back on yamaha,thank God for the 06 apex line up.

I just had this same conversation with a diehard Polaris guy today in front of my house..

He is a die hard Pol rider.. and agrees that yamaha is way ahead of everyone else in the 4 stroke area and polaris isnt even trying anymore to make the best sled.. He knows alot of his friends are switching to yamaha 4 strokes and love them..

I dont know if yamaha makes the best sled in the world, but i do know it is one of the best sleds you can buy.. and all that matters is i know my sleds place and that i love it and plan on keeping it for a LONG LONG TIME..

Brian

Back