• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha or sazuki outboard????

Had a 1998 Johnson 70 4 stroke (suzuki) with over 3000 hours on it without changing a single non-maintenance part, Replaced it with a Suzuki DF140 2 years ago when I added a center tube to my Pontoon. To me, dealer accessibility really isn't an issue with ANY brand of the modern naturally aspirated four-stroke if you can do basic maintenance on your own. Up here in Northern Minnesota every brand of outboard has a pretty large dealer base so it really doesn't matter, Suzuki and Honda are a bit thin/non-existent and parts of the country though. I WILL suggest going with as much HP as you can NOW! My 140hp gets the same fuel efficiency as my 70hp did at the same speeds, the only time it uses more it when its pushing the pontoon faster than what the 70hp could push it and actually gets a touch better at cruising speed since the 140 is only running 1/2 throttle where as the 70hp was close to WOT.

Back