• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha replaces 2017 APEX rear shock

I would think you can put air into the updated shock out on the trail, some do have trouble getting the pressure up to higher psi, they may not have the pump in the high psi setting, I could raise the psi on the trail with the first shock my apex came with just not as easy as home jacked up in the shop, alot easier to let air out on the trail with the pump that's why I say start out with a higher psi, the pressure drops quick when letting out air I use the bleed off valve on the pump and watch the gauge.
Got it

Also only increase or decrease no more than 5 psi at a time when fine tuning, 5 psi can make a big difference, once ride height is set further fine tune with the rebound damping clickers, once you dial in to your weight and riding style you will be happy, just takes abit of trial and error, hope this has helped.

Piece of cake..thanks.

Also only increase or decrease no more than 5 psi at a time when fine tuning, 5 psi can make a big difference, once ride height is set further fine tune with the rebound damping clickers, once you dial in to your weight and riding style you will be happy, just takes abit of trial and error, hope this has helped.

I just got the sled... the dealer put in 250lbs.. checked my sag.. question on the clickers.. there is 2 of them? I saw one only so far.. (still in the truck) which way to turn to do what? no manual for these?

I just got the sled... the dealer put in 250lbs.. checked my sag.. question on the clickers.. there is 2 of them? I saw one only so far.. (still in the truck) which way to turn to do what? no manual for these?

Look in the frequently asked questions at the top of page in Apex forum.
Scroll down to suspension and singleshot.

Look in the frequently asked questions at the top of page in Apex forum.
Scroll down to suspension and singleshot.

Thanks..got it..

I have the new upgrade.. I pumped it up to 300lbs and did a sag test. I found it sags 3 1/2 in to 4in. with me,saddlebags with tools,portable winch of 35lbs on the rear platform over cooler.. no helmet or riding outfit..

Waiting for Hygear to call back to see if they can do something to keep the sag up to 2 or 3 inches with there over coil setup. Got 400 miles on the new shock so I could sell it to help out with the new shock ..

Last edited:
Is this upgrade rear shock available at this time for the 2016 Apex XTX146 ordered during Power Surge?
February 5, 2019

Is this upgrade rear shock available at this time for the 2016 Apex XTX146 ordered during Power Surge?
February 5, 2019

Not for free. yamaha only gave them to 2017's and up. Maybe your dealer would help you somehow.

my local dealer got me one for my 2016 as i bought it nos in november 2018. he did say though that there where very few of them left according to the rep.

when using the high pressure pump you should only see the silver shaft. the black one locks into the housing.

Back