• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamahaboy701's Nytro MTX Boondocker Build

I have seen that before, would be nice to have but I believe the price is $1600 or $1800 for it.
You can get the 2010 online for $400 now...
Yamaha Sports Plaza
SKU: 8GL-21940-02-00
FRONT FRAME COMP. 1 $393.67

And I have a few ideas on how to beef it up ;)!

Wow your sled looks pretty messed up! The 860R is running good I'm only on the 3rd belt of the season (1200 miles so far). Hopefully this warm spell will go away and we will get some more snow to go riding around here.

700 mile update:
Well lets start with the bad....
Front End is F****D!
Subframe, a-arms, shocks, steering post, and spindles. All bent nothing broken so I guess it could be worse!
Good news is I have them all fixed except the subframe which I am going to wait till summer so I have time to strengthen it too. Its not the trailer queen it used to be but it will work. Now to the bent parts:

Spindles Bent
DSC01766.jpg

Both lower a-arms:
DSC01778.jpg

New front end with twisted subframe. It is really messed up, the right side is twisted up and the left side is back.
DSC01786.jpg

2010 Timbersled limiter strap problem:
DSC01775.jpg

Now to the good....
I cut down my CE track and WOW this thing is going to hook up in the U.P. It is cut down to just under 2". Next year I will be running a CE 156X2.5 out west.
DSC01790.jpg

New straight arms and spindles
DSC01789.jpg

After all that damage to the front end I have to say that the rear of the sled held up great. I under estimated the timbersled on the trails and off trail. I pounded it on the rough trail and it flat out works. Only thing it needed was some grease!

This past weekend the local club in Platteville, WI had its first Radar Runs so I figured I would run my viper in it just to support the club. Well the viper did ok but just for fun I wanted to see what the MTX could do...... It broke the Radar Gun and they had to get another one! No lie something did happen to the Gun on my run so I never did find out how fast it can go in 660ft. :die :die

DSC01751.jpg

Will finish it up tomorrow. I will be receiving my WCS steering post, freshly rebuilt and re-valved Ohlins shocks, and my new handlebar setup (RSI backcountry bars with 4" riser)

did you run your skis all the way out when you was out west? or just move them now for riding at home? I have been running them out in Iowa but was going to move them in for trip to the Snowies

..SNAKEBIT.. said:
did you run your skis all the way out when you was out west? or just move them now for riding at home? I have been running them out in Iowa but was going to move them in for trip to the Snowies

I put them in the middle for out west (so had them moved in). I could feel the difference on the trail but off trail I did not feel it as much.

Put on about 150 miles around where I am going to college now. They have a very nice trail system here and this has to be some of the best riding in WI. Closer you get to the Mississippi the better the riding gets!

On a sad note I will be selling this sled soon. Once I replace the subframe on it and powdercoat the front a-arms I will put it up for sale. Not looking to get and arm and leg for it so if anybody is looking for a well setup nytro for cheap let me know. Not sure what I will be riding next year.... maybe a 2010 nytro SE!

Attachments

• DSC01795.JPG
    DSC01795.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 119
yamahaboy701 said:
MotoPsycho said:
The relocator fits the '10s as well... :jump:
Thats not good for business! I was going to buy a new one but....

jk I would get all new stuff from you guys for my next sled :Rockon:

That's good. It won't sell if you don't leave all those OFT parts on it...

:tg:

yamaha, how do you like the AAen exhaust?

Do you have their header pipe? I was think about it for next year.

how much did your fuel economy change?

akvector said:
yamaha, how do you like the AAen exhaust?

Do you have their header pipe? I was think about it for next year.

how much did your fuel economy change?

It is loud. I am selling my aaen muffler because it was too loud for me. I would have liked to try there header but never got around to it. I don't sen how the header would make the exhaust any louder, maybe deeper, but not louder.

I have been running my stock muffler lately and see no change in fuel economy. Only thing I do notice is that I picked up 400-500 rpms with the aaen muffler over stock and had to re-clutch.

I ordered up my 2010 sub frame today and was told it was on back order and no end in sight yet. This could be good or bad.... Maybe a new version or maybe just a big demand for them now since everybody is bending them. Either way I am to the point now that if I bend my sub frame back it will re-bend on the first bump I hit on the trails < 1 mile.

Thinking about calling yamaha up but not sure if that will help. Maybe I can talk them into give me a new 2011 apex, since electric steering is more important then a main frame component.

Back