• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamahaboy701's Nytro MTX Boondocker Build

Snotel is showing 40 inches on the ground now and with a bit more of snow before we get there, things should be pretty good.

We are all very excited to come out and ride some mountains again.

I will be calling you Thursday afternoon sometime letting you know how far we will be driving that day.

Yamaha boy were you able to order the two black vents near the shocks from XXX mod rod. I see they have one side in there kit. Were you able to just order them seperate? Reasonable price?

Thanks

tkuss said:
I will be calling you Thursday afternoon sometime letting you know how far we will be driving that day.

Sounds good... Looks like I will drive up very early Friday morning, and spend Friday night at Togwotee lodge.

Lemee know...

YamaMTX said:
Yamaha boy were you able to order the two black vents near the shocks from XXX mod rod. I see they have one side in there kit. Were you able to just order them seperate? Reasonable price?

Thanks

Very reasonable price. He will custom make any vent for you. I had pre-filter put on all the vents except the two top "stock vent hole" vents. I have the 9 vent kit which included the shock tower vents but left off the number plate vents off.

Got the sled already to go tonight but realized one of my ohlins shocks is leaking. Kinda pissed off because I only have 150+ miles on them. Looks like I will be rockin the stockers out west. Not to worried, shocks won't matter in all that fresh POW!!!!

The ski's of a Yammi never touch the ground in God's country ;)!

Attachments

• Side-View-w-text.jpg
    Side-View-w-text.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 62
I am on a 8 day right across the western states right now and just got done riding towgotee and now in west Yellowstone were the snow is looking good. I really am liking the sled but have had two major problems and a few minor problems.

-Bent the lower right a-arm
-Twisted the left side of my sub-frame
-Both RSI ice scrathers broke
-Bent both hand guards
-Broke the kill switch off

The front end is very twisted up. Not very trail friendly but still work so going to keep riding it, who knows maybe it will bend back!

just hit the other side, no worries...

snow will be better to the north of Jellystone...they have gotten 3-4 feet more since this pic was taken...

I could show you where it is, but then Moto and Scmurs wont have any pow :)

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Geez, I didn't know I would rub off on ya so quickly! Welcome to the mountains fella! I have to tell everyone... he's only bending it because he's ridin' like he stole it!!

oneten5.JPG

I got my sub back in line today... within a half degree cross camber. I'm headed to the shop tomorrow to give it that "race sled" treatment we talked about! Hope it holds up to the Bozeman trip!

How is Adam's sled?

Funny thing is I bent back the left side when I hit the right side. It was extremely hard to ride on the trails so last night we had a tug of war with my sled a tree and the truck. Got it a little better but the right spindle is still straight up and down. Before the spring was in the top a-arm and stuck fully compressed.

Here is a picture of what it looks like now:
DSC01690.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

MotoPsycho said:
How is Adam's sled?

We are trying to find a washer and spacer/collar for the primary bolt. The clutches are fine and very usable and we have the primary bolt now so we just need the other parts that go on the bolt.

I have seen a few people say that the nytro does not like the cold weather. Well it was -30f when I started my sled the first morning of the trip. Took about 10 minutes to warm up.
DSC01619.jpg

yamahaboy701 said:
MotoPsycho said:
How is Adam's sled?

We are trying to find a washer and spacer/collar for the primary bolt. The clutches are fine and very usable and we have the primary bolt now so we just need the other parts that go on the bolt.

Try parts at Polaris West, they are a PHENOMENAL dealership, and the clutch parts on yammies and Poos are similar...if you cant find it there, try the Napa store in West...

If your still stuck, holler at me in PM or whatever and will try and get you want you need...

mtdream said:
yamahaboy701 said:
MotoPsycho said:
How is Adam's sled?

Try parts at Polaris West, they are a PHENOMENAL dealership, and the clutch parts on yammies and Poos are similar...if you cant find it there, try the Napa store in West...

If your still stuck, holler at me in PM or whatever and will try and get you want you need...

Thanks MT,
We went to Polaris west and they did not have the part but west Yellowstone is full of awesome people and we found a rental shop that did
have the part.

Today we went North and WOW!!!! Steep and Deep, had a great time and going father north tomorrow. Think we were south of the big sky area today, made it to a area were there looked like a forest fire a while ago.

yamahaboy701 said:
mtdream said:
yamahaboy701 said:
MotoPsycho said:
How is Adam's sled?

Thanks MT,
We went to Polaris west and they did not have the part but west Yellowstone is full of awesome people and we found a rental shop that did
have the part.

Today we went North and WOW!!!! Steep and Deep, had a great time and going father north tomorrow. Think we were south of the big sky area today, made it to a area were there looked like a forest fire a while ago.

yeah, great people there!!!

Did you go north of town for a ways? and then up a pretty long trail...if so, chances are that was cabin creek...If you went west, you could have hit two tops area...

Back