• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMOLARIS Project: ANYONE install an EDGE skid here???

Well I talked to the Pol. dealer and he would allow me to take some measurements off of a floor model, but I'm not too certain how to do this accurately and fairly quick.

I would be more concerned about how my Yamaha dealer is going to treat me if they knew I went to the competition for help? They've (Yamaha) been pretty good so far. They charged my battery for me for free, and know my name too ;)! (A.K.A. the guy who keeps bitchin about the suspension) Ha Ha Ha

Take a small square with you, and a tape measure. As someone said, use a piece of string wrapped around the drive sprocket shaft and let it hang near the floor. You will probably want something with a little weight on the end, like a washer. Have this ready before you go. Wrap the string around one end of the shaft (to the outside of the track) and let it hang close to the floor. Lay the tape measure from the string running back next to the track. Take the square and lay it on the floor so one leg sticks up toward the forward suspension mounting point and measure how far back it is from the drive shaft. Then do the same for the rear mounting point. After that, take the tape measure and measure from the floor up to each of the mounting bolts. This might be a little tricky because of the floor boards being in the way, but you can always measure up to the bottom of the floor board, then from the top of the board up to the bolt, and add 1/16" for the thickness of the floor board.

Once you are done you should be able to lay out the holes on your sled before removing the original suspension, so that everything is sitting at ride height.

This is just how I would do it...if someone else has a better way learned from experience, let us know.

Jim

Thanks,

I've got a couple ideas on how to do this?

clharris has a chassis he's working from to do his.

If I have to, I'll still feel like a schmuck at the dealer - NOT very good publicity for Yamaha though ;)

After talking with clharris, I've got a pretty good understanding of how to accomplish this. IF anyone else who has done this, wants to throw-in a few pointers they're more than welcome.

I have a M10/Polarias skid in or actually out of my sled right now (extending to a 136). Check out the tech pages, there is good info there. Installing a m10 in a rx1.

As far as I know, M-10's have mounting brackets that make things easier, don't they? Like I said, I have enough info to at least make a good attempt. As I recall, Polaris made a claim that their EDGE was better suited for agressive riders. Maybe not, but it is one heck-of-a DAMN good skid.

An M-10 would be nice too :D So would NOT having to wear glasses or contacts anymore - for the same price. It's one mod that you'll have for EVERY sled you'll ever ride ;)

http://www.sorgini.com

I took it out again after moving it back a 1" , we still don't have a lot of snow , seem to work good !! I jump it in & out of the ditch felt nice & soft I think i will lower the frame over the skid , edges have two holes in the rear it might help with some of the tippy feeling ,mostly for the wife. I did put a differnt track in , it was out of one my vipers it has 196 studs only had a track with 96 studs before . It hooks alot up better & seems to pull the front end up, Im sure it can be adjusted. Sure won't be a issue with the wife.

2005 IQ suspension installed

I am not sure if its the same dimensions as an edge but I have installed A rear skid from a 2005 Polaris IQ and front shocks as well. It wasnt very hard if you still want pointers let me know...

Attachments

• susp.JPG
    susp.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 174
  • susp1.JPG
    susp1.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 119

Back