• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yellowknife's 2006-2007 Season Odyssey on his Mountain Lite

Summer Update:

Summer Update:

Hey guys - how's everyone been doing? Sledin on the brain yet? Summer's half over right!?!

I just finished reading through this entire thread again. I was going to do a season's end review, but I'd only be repeating what I've already written throughout the past season.

I seem to have fell off the face of the earth last April and wanted to share how the season ended in Yellowknife.

A few of us were out for an April Ride having a great time...

JoanneBreakingTrail.jpg

JoannePreludeLake.jpg

JoanneRandyPreludeLake.jpg

RandyPreludeLake.jpg

The 6000 km roll-over on the Phazer
6000kmsPhazer.jpg

Things changed a little when Randy's engine blew on his Summit Fan!

I headed back to town as fast as I could to pick up the truck and trailer to go get them, but I had my own share of problems...

BlownBelt1.jpg

BlownBelt2.jpg

BlownBelt3.jpg

BlownBelt4.jpg

BlownBelt5.jpg

It all worked out, needless to say I had alignment problems.

On a later adventure as the season was winding down...
RandyRayBlanchetteIsland.jpg

Exploring exploration sites...
RandyRayCoreSamples.jpg

ummm....alignment problem still?
RayBlownGadeBelt3.jpg

18,000 km roll-over on the Renegade...
18000kms.jpg

Finally, the last wall tent weekend adventure of the season...
Plus10.jpg

RangerSledsLoaded.jpg

RangerSledsLoaded4.jpg

RayBogganLoadRenegade.jpg

RayWallTentTearDown.jpg

RenegadeBogganLoaded.jpg

And the final odometer reading on the Renegade...
18000km_overhaul_001.jpg

Since season's end, the dealer has had my Phazer, so I don't have a final readout on it.

There are updates coming out for the Phazers. One is to address the cold starting issue, another to address the snow entering the steering compartment as I've been talking about for awhile, and another to address running board icing, whatever that means.

I've been eyeing up the Nytro MTX....hmmm....

Also, a buddy of mine took my Renegade and stripped it down to bare frame. When re-assembling he cleaned every piece and part and the thing looks new, it's unreal. I've easily gained $2,000 worth of resale on it, he did an amazing job, replacing any parts that needed to be replaced along the way, which wasn't much. Unreal for a sled with 18,000+ km's on it.

I'd like to get my Phazer back but something tells me it's not the priority at the dealer right now lol At least I didn't have to store it myself.

Here's a few shots of the work on the Gade...unreal...

Before:
18000km_overhaul_005.jpg

18000km_overhaul_007.jpg

18000km_overhaul_006.jpg

18000km_overhaul_008.jpg

18000km_overhaul_009.jpg

During...
18000km_overhaul_011.jpg

18000km_overhaul_010.jpg

18000km_overhaul_023.jpg

18000km_overhaul_015_2.jpg

18000km_overhaul_012_2.jpg

18000km_overhaul_013_2.jpg

After...
18000km_overhaul_016_2.jpg

18000km_overhaul_014_2.jpg

18000km_overhaul_024.jpg

18000km_overhaul_025.jpg

18000km_overhaul_026.jpg

18000km_overhaul_027.jpg

Unreal.

Hope to have the Phazer back sometime this summer for that final Odometer pic - and I'll be posting some video's in the coming weeks from last season and seasons prior. Stay tuned!

Thanx for all your posts, YK. We all, I'm sure, look forward to your posts next season and hope you have a couple more before then.

Congrats on getting so many miles/km's.

Yellowknife - Awesome post ;)!

:pics:

Excellent thread yellowknife.
Enjoyed your clips and adventures.
May this comming winter sledding be even better than last.

All the best!

:-o

Yellowknife,

Thanks for all the great post. I just finished reading the thread from start to finish.

Do you have an idea of the total cost of the warranty work that was done on the phazer last season?

I see you have been checking out the nytro, is this something your seriously considering? If so, which sled will it replace?

Thanks again for a great thread!

Steve

WOW!! what a great review of the machine. By far the most comprehensive review I've ever seen on any sled. Or probably anything! I don't know how I missed this last winter, but I'm gonna be looking for your posts from now on for sure. Are you seeing snow yet? wont be long!! :Rockon:

Hey, YK. Every time I see that Gade with 18K km, I wonder how many engines it's been through. I'm guessing 3, from what I've heard about them. Is that true?

Holy man...I haven't been back on this thread in a while and you've asked some good questions, so here goes...

Steve;

The total cost of the warranty work that was done on the phazer last season is being calculated, but it is in the thousands. It is currently in, and almost finished, for a long list of things. I'll do up a complete report just for the stats to see what numbers we have.

The Nytro MTX 40th is on its way, and as of today, the Renegade is sold, I'm about to go deliver it to the new owner right now.

simonzsayz;

We have snow, and ice. I will be riding by next weekend. Pictures and a new mileage thread to come.

rfabro;

The sled is on its 4th motor. The warranty over 3 seasons has accumulated to over $16,000 in parts and labour.

Thanks for everyone's comments and encouragement. It's motivation to create and maintain a similar thread starting soon.

As a close up to this past seasons review, my 4th and final video is complete. This time I left the music out...the story lines and sled sounds are enjoyable. Hope you like it!

http://media.putfile.com/March---April- ... ng-Summary

I love the thread Yellowknife, I hope you put as much effort into it this year as last year, because it truly is fun to read and look at all the pictures. How is the rear suspension holding up on the phazer, is there any "self sag", just wondering because I have the FX with the stiffer torsion springs set on medium and with no weight on the sled it seems to sag about 6 or so inches into the travel.

Back