• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YRSS conversion

@bjowett, I've seen what appears to be Yamaha OEM parts being advertized on eBay by Yamaha that come from Japan. Is that what you are referring to or is there a different website you are referencing?

Japan prices on some items can be less than 1/2 of USA retail. The YRSS part needs to be quoted… but as an example, the base Apex front shock 8HG-2376A-00-00 retail is $783.99. It can be purchased for about $560 USA, or $306 Japan + Shipping and customs.
If/when I go this route I’d slide my GYTR piggyback fronts from my Ape to the the ‘12 Vec I’ve got and use the stockers from that sled combined with the YRSS “control/reservoir” unit and hoses.

can you purchase the control rezi separatel?
It would not appear to be the case as the Yamaha microfiche list the reservoir and shocks as one part number. Additionally, I'm not even sure the stock shocks from a '12 Vector would work as I'm not sure they would have a way to connect them together. If anything, I would think you would have to use a shock with the piggy back reservoirs and then remove them and use the YRSS “control/reservoir” unit and hoses to connect them together but I could be wrong.

It would not appear to be the case as the Yamaha microfiche list the reservoir and shocks as one part number. Additionally, I'm not even sure the stock shocks from a '12 Vector would work as I'm not sure they would have a way to connect them together. If anything, I would think you would have to use a shock with the piggy back reservoirs and then remove them and use the YRSS “control/reservoir” unit and hoses to connect them together but I could be wrong.
Well that blows. I’m 90% sure the shocks used in the YRSS are the just the monotube soqi’s that all 11+ Ape and 12+ Vec’s have been delivered with connected to the YRSS reservoir/control assembly via hoses like any other remote reservoir shock setup uses. The link between both front shocks is accomplished through the reservoir/control assembly itself. Seems ridiculous you’d have to anti up for an entire system if you just dinked a front shock or both in a frontal sled mishap, but sometimes Yammy’s parts policies are pretty whack!! I’m more interested in building a rear shock I’m happy with at the moment so haven’t really dug into the bits and pieces needed for YRSS or availability just yet.

Well that blows. I’m 90% sure the shocks used in the YRSS are the just the monotube soqi’s that all 11+ Ape and 12+ Vec’s have been delivered with connected to the YRSS reservoir/control assembly via hoses like any other remote reservoir shock setup uses. The link between both front shocks is accomplished through the reservoir/control assembly itself. Seems ridiculous you’d have to anti up for an entire system if you just dinked a front shock or both in a frontal sled mishap, but sometimes Yammy’s parts policies are pretty whack!! I’m more interested in building a rear shock I’m happy with at the moment so haven’t really dug into the bits and pieces needed for YRSS or availability just yet.
I was under the impression it's an ohlins setup. On my friends 2018 I think I remember the clicker part saying Ohlins

Yeah man, review in my garage thread. They are pretty sweet!!
I'll have to hunt through! I'm assuming they make a good difference and are worth the $800 or so? I tolerate the floats on the front of my 11 SE, but man those seem like a solid upgrade

I'll have to hunt through! I'm assuming they make a good difference and are worth the $800 or so? I tolerate the floats on the front of my 11 SE, but man those seem like a solid upgrade
The video above is the visual review. Yes they are really cool. I have had a lot of shocks and these are by far the most noticeable in terms of softness and being able to corner without leaning so bad. Every other shock has been a balance of turn in lean (ski lift) vs rougher ride. I think its cool the shocks come as a set, they are filled with oil and ready to go. The hydraulic anti lean is really cool tech in a snowmobile! This is well proven in many high speed racing like baja, and even in exotic cars. It works. I am going to experiment with no sway bar if we ever get snow and I get BOB finally reliable.

Uhhhg. Yamaha Japan is requiring a frame number to order the part. This indicates that Yamaha, at least in Japan, wants to keep that rare(ish) stock they have on hand for actual replacement on the models that came with it. Very likely due to them dropping out of the snow market. USA could be different ATM.

Shiiiiiiiiit.
Anyone wanna’ part out their 2018 50th Anni. Ape? Lol

We can probably turn up a frame number or two and get some orders in, but they will probably shut it down… anyone have a number we can try out?
So when it is shown as available on partzilla is it not accurate?

Back