• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex XTX suspension conversion #2

XTX Rear Suspension

I am thinking about getting an XTX for next season but have heard from a few that the rear skid is not real good for soaking up the bumps. Especially the chater bumps.
My 08 had a great suspension that could be dialed in nicely. I am concerned that the suspension on the XTX doesn't measure up. Anyone set up with an Air Wave from Team Fast?
How is the handling with the tipped up rails, is it noticable in the twisties? Looking for some feedback.

great job as usual guys!!!

QUestion: Is there a fundamental difference between the 11 GT Venture skid and the 12?

I have the 11, no EPS has been the main thing I have been thinking of.

Good job enjoy
Yamadoo

Dave, how do you like the ride of the skid. Have you had much of a chance to test it out? Between riding with Tom and his daughter and your feedback during the Demo ride last year, I changed my mind last minute and bought a 2013 Venture GT. I've been pretty happy with it so far. Definitely plenty of skid for bigger guys like us. Not quite as smooth in the chatter bumps as a mono IMO, but definitely takes the big bumps out of the equation. I am getting a lot of slider wear right at the bend in the front of the rail. Pretty much burned through a pair during the Manitoba ride. I'll try a pair of low snow wheels and maybe add an extra set or two of idlers to the skid. Give me some feedback when you get a chance.

Back