• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YZF250?

Octane

Pro
Not sure if you all have heard yet, but Honda is rumored to be bringing back the 250R sometime in the near future.
Supposedly Honda is going to take the 250 4-stroke from the CR250F and put it in the chassis that the TRX450R currently uses. Its a very interesting concept and one that I could see Honda doing.
I pose this questions, if Honda comes out with such a quad, is there even the slightest possibility that Yamaha WONT do the same thing?
They already have the parts lying around to build such a machine. I think that not only could such a machine be build, I think such a machine WILL be built.
I think that before long, sport quads will cease to use air-cooled engines. Every year ATVs get faster and faster and a real easy way to increase the power of your engines is to go liquid-cooled. The 350 Raptor is what, like 20 hp? Id guess that the YZ250F is putting out at lease that, if not close to 25-30 hp.
I could easily see Yamaha dropping the Blaster and 350 Raptor and instead having 2 YFZs: a 250 and a 450. I think that in the Blaster's place they would probably use the chassis of the 125 Grizz but give it sporty-looking plastic and maybe call it that 125 Raptor.
Its just a thought, lemmie know what you think.
Hebi

Any change as you stated to the ATV world would be awesome. I am not much of a sport quad guy but really like them as much as the 4x4s. I would like to see Yamaha build a 450 sport 4x4 with that race 450 4 stroke they run in the YFZ450....that would be sweet ;)!

Back