• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Z1 turbo cat

THe 2009 was a turd.... An 06-10 Apex would beat one stock for stock. But, I don't think the even new Apex could be the Z1 now... They have fixed alot of there issues and from what I am told, they run like a true 180hp sled now...

Will post the results next week. My brother just picked up an 09 z1t lxr. I have an 06 Apex GT. Both are stock and we are gonna run about a 1/2 mile race. If i beat him, that will likely be the only time as he will be visiting a performance shop. Very cheap compared to apex's to boost them to 200+ hp.

My buddy had a 09lxr that was stock with the cobra track. I could beat him every time even on the top end. The taller cobra track hurts the top end on the AC. The 1 incher is the one that is faster. I raced a new Apex and he beat me. The new Apex should run with a new AC Turbo.

Radar Results from Norway Bay, Quebec last Saturday.

Conditions: 1/2 mile ice track, no wind, perfect conditions

First things first.....this is the result of the head to head 09 z1t lxr vs 06 Apex GT.

TIED at 114 MPH (both sleds stock).

With that said all other Apexes ran 109-111. Mine for whatever reason ran 114. Not sure why. I am stock with only 96 studs while others had 144 studs.

Overall results: Top 10

1. CFR1000 - 122 MPH (Not stock but not sure what mods were done)
2. CFR800 HO - 118 MPH (Not stock but not sure what mods were done)
3. SRX700 - 117 MPH (stock)
4. 06 Nytro - 115 MPH (Had to be modded)
5. 06 APEX GT / 09 z1t lxr - 114MPH (stock)
6. F1000 - 112 MPH (Mods: Y-Pipe, V-Force Reeds, chipped)
7. 06 APEX GT - 111 MPH (stock)
8. Other APEX - 110 MPH (RTX and GT's ran same top speeds)
9. Dragon 800 - 109 MPH (aftermarket can)
10. 06 F7 - 106 MPH (aftermarket can)

Correction:

I have been informed that the top two sleds above are in fact stock right out of the box and not even completed the break in period. If that is the case, damn those CFRs are fast!

radar run

Hey i ran the black RTX my last 2 runs wer 115 it was on paper i was with the cfr 1000 and green f7 and rush 800. The pro r ran 109 and cfr 122.the apex RTX ran 115

2007 apex rtx runs TRAIL TERMINATOR clutch kit from SPEED-WERX ajustable cam arms. :Rockon:

Pat,

My apologies. on the paper it was written Nytro. No one got a close look at. Are your exhaust pipe covers yellow? If so, then 4th spot should say 07 apex rtx and not nytro.

Don't recall seeing the pro r stats on paper.

Thanks for the update.

the pro r 800 is not broke in yet but it ran 109 it was paul D

Back