• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Zx2 Shock rebuild or revalve - where?

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Where you guys sending your shocks? Mine have finally had it on this the 4 th year they now bottom out like a normal suspension would, and its time for them to get some TLC.

Who is doing it and are you staying with the same spec as stock or did they put more rebound in?

Thanks!

I sent mine back to AD boivin a year ago for a rebuild and synthetic oil upgrade. Seems to work better with fade, but I would prefer a bit more rebound control for my liking.

Dan

Sent mine to Bruce at Pioneer. Had him revalve them for my weight. Haven't been able to try them out yet so can't comment on how they work.

Hygear does amazing work IMHO. I would give Ross a call and listen to what he has to say. They spend a lot of time doing R&D. Their valve stacks are always extremely impressive.

I have sent Mike Carver 6 sets of shocks this year and am very happy with the work he has done for me. He is good about calling and talking
with you about the application before setting the stacks up! JMHO

Dano said:
I sent mine back to AD boivin a year ago for a rebuild and synthetic oil upgrade. Seems to work better with fade, but I would prefer a bit more rebound control for my liking.

Dan
OK who has the price for the zx2 skid,on ad bovines website,they dont show any prices,has anyone bought one this year.

kinger said:
Its $1499 I think but they run specials in the summer I would wait till then.
Cool,thats when i would be interested,how much messing around do you have to do,to get it to not kick you thru the big bumps,and at the same time run smooth thru the stutters,i weigh 230 dressed,will i have to have it sprung up heavy to withstand the big hits,and can you get it to lay down thru the smooth tight n twistys. thanks pete

This is a great skid, not much messing around just make sure you get the proper springs on initial purchase. Install is straight forward. If you search this forum there are a lot of install photos.

Jigger said:
This is a great skid, not much messing around just make sure you get the proper springs on initial purchase. Install is straight forward. If you search this forum there are a lot of install photos.
How do you know what springs are correct for 230 lbs

Back