• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electrical problem

Just checked connection looks good no corrosion at all , frustrating problem thx for all the help.

have you checked the wiring harness for rub throughs?

also is it the model with the tip up hood or the deutz bolts/nuts?

I see no rub marks actually looks pretty good , guess mine is a tip up hood I added a picture

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 149
ok. on the older rx sleds there was a spot in the nose where it would rub under the glove box/beer holder in the nose. it would rub through on one of the front bumper braces the right side. i covered the hole in the brace on mine with a slit peice of rubber gas line using silicone to hold it in place where the harness comes through it.

Well all good suggestions , electrical is always a car and mouse game but thx

check the ground on the engine block. After that you'll need to probe some wires with a meter and trace were it lost power or ground.

Also could be a bad key switch.

Ground wire looks good , I pulled connector that feeds the dash since I have no power at dash except the high beam light that will come light up , only the green wire has power is this the only wire that should have power ? If there is another power wire then I will follow that wire as it must be the problem wire . Thx for the all the help as weather is awesome and would love to get to lake but need sled.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 165
I pulled the main harness up from nose and from Ecu found a orange wire from Ecu connector had wear mark to wire no black mark but could this had taken out my Ecu , but would sled even start if Ecu was bad.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    457.1 KB · Views: 148
Is there any way to check the ecu , hate to buy one and it's not the problem, thx for all the help you guys are very knowledgable

Sorry, Just got back from a trip up toward North Bay Ontario. Could be the ECU if it's not sending out the load relay control ground signal. do you have power coming from the load control relay to the fuses in the box when running?

2010 vector.png

Hello before you go with the ecu I had a similar problem on my 03 rx did you check the wiring harness under the seat that goes to tail light I had a rub thru there that goofed me up.

Thx for all the help , I checked for 12 volts at the connector before it goes under the seat and had no voltage there , working 12 hrs nights right now won't be able to look till Wednesday night grizz thx for help hope you had a good trip up north for me that would be south lol .

I have no power at the blue /red wire at fuse box , got power on all other wires at fuse box , the orange wire can't see how it got skinned a little nothing close to rub , thx again for help

Just looked up the parts diagram and the connector I found the skinned wire on go to what Yamaha calls ignitor unit assy , thx again for the help

Back