• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Attak Won't Start

Nytroman

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 FX Nytro
A friend of mine has an 06 Attak that will not start. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I figured I should get an idea of where to start first. The fuel pump runs when the key is turned on and it turns over no problem. However that is all it does, he said there is no firing at all. It still has last years gas in it, but I would have to think that it should at least fire with old gas. I have not run across this yet but I am hoping someone else has.

NYTROMAN- been there done that. 06 apex rtx. not saying this is your problem, but i've had 2 issues with the valves getting stuck open. just pin the throttle while cranking over, this will wash the valves and unstick them. should fire wihtin 15 to 20 seconds

Could of fouled the plugs as well, that would be my bet......I would drain the old gas out and put fresh stuff in, put new plugs in and cycle the key acouple of times and boom, I bet it will start.

2 guys last year could not get their sleds going on old gas and old plugs.[It was cold out, about -22 celsius] one was a 06 Apex, the other a 05 Vector

Put in fresh gas, [I suggest regular, it is hotter] Changed the plugs and away they went. Fired right up.

Since these were my spare plugs and I wanted them back, we cleaned up and put a torch to the guys old plugs and put them back in their sleds once the sleds were good and warm. Sleds started and ran fine after that.

If your friend tried to start it when the weather was warm, this may not be the problem.

My o6 apex did this to me this fall. ended up replacing battery which surprised me as it was turing over just fine, just not firing. easy test is to put a jump pack on the jumper leads and see if it fires.

The battery on these sleds have to put out at least 12.6 volts or they will not fire. Check battery voltage. If less than 12.6 volts, boost it as suggested by "herff".

Back