• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 attak gt turns over won’t start no dash lights

fireman1069

Extreme
Ok guys looking for a direction to go. Over the summer mice nested on the fuel tank and chewed through the wires to the fuel tank. Viciously I might add. Found after trying to start with no dash lights but turned over without any fire. Fixed the wires and tried again. After turning key on a relay has a continuous clicking and still no dash lights or tach movement. No sign of life at all other than turns over. No fuel pump running or anything. Just the relay clicking and turns over without firing up. Sled ran perfectly at the end of the season. Where do I need to start looking? Thanks in advance.

Did you try the search?
I did and got 5 different threads.
Not sure if it's your problem, but same question at least.

Did you try the search?
I did and got 5 different threads.
Not sure if it's your problem, but same question at least.
I did. I always try that first because I hate cluttering up the site with the same issues or bothering people. It takes time to respond and time is a commodity we all need more of. Nothing had all the same symptoms. Some were similar but nothing went as far as what I got. Just looking for someone that may have seen this before and can steer me where to go from here.

Check your repair job again...maybe something was missed or wired incorrectly
If the mice were by the fuel tank they probably got everywhere...check wiring to and from the handle bars and gages as well as in the rubber wiring protector boot...that would make a nice nest for them.
Also check all your fuses by pulling each one and visually inspecting them, don't forget the ones at the lower nose of the sled.
Good luck

Check your repair job again...maybe something was missed or wired incorrectly
If the mice were by the fuel tank they probably got everywhere...check wiring to and from the handle bars and gages as well as in the rubber wiring protector boot...that would make a nice nest for them.
Also check all your fuses by pulling each one and visually inspecting them, don't forget the ones at the lower nose of the sled.
Good luck
Soldered and heat shrunk the connections and checked the fuses by on the brake side. Ran through other wires a bit with a light but didn’t see any other sign of critter destruction. I was going to get the meter and test voltage next. Just looking for the direction to narrow down. Appreciate the suggestions and I’ll go there next. Thanks! I’ll post what I find.

Have you checked the battery? It could be toast. It may have 12v but no amperage to properly fire the sled. Quite a few no starts are cause by weak batteries.
I would also check the relay beside the battery and the white connector going into it. Also very well known to cause issues.

Have you checked the battery? It could be toast. It may have 12v but no amperage to properly fire the sled. Quite a few no starts are cause by weak batteries.
I would also check the relay beside the battery and the white connector going into it. Also very well known to cause issues.
Battery is fully charged and turns the sled over like normal. It’s always on a maintainer. Everything is dead except it turns over fine. Possibly this weekend I’ll have time to dig in deeper. Appreciate the suggestion and I’ll check that also.

i had three mice nests . take it apart and start looking.(dash,seat,panels,disconnect all terminals ,inspect and reconnect w dye electric grease) also the mouse urine is acidic and corrodes the wire terminal connections.(that wire you repaired to fuel tank is just a 1ft jumper and replaceable if that's the one they chewed up)

Well I believe I found the problem. After getting the sled inside to look more in depth I found a massive mouse colony in the front under the bulkhead area. One of the main harnesses has about 6 wires chewed through. Haven’t fixed it yet but assume it must be it. Now to actually get at it and repair the wires. Doesn’t look like the easiest to access.

4C37A204-6A87-452F-A0DF-01A5AD9AF9D2.jpeg
Well I’ve got it apart and the wires exposed. Anyone know the way these connect to each other? 5 blue and 4 brown. I tried looking at diagrams but I need to see the actual wires in their place in order to understand them. And why there’s 5 blue is beyond me. I tried finding another one but can’t. Any help would be appreciated. Hoping someone is familiar with this very spot and can say off top of their head.

i would say to be safe pull whole harness out as much as possible and try and trace each one down end to end. possible they are all ground wires. can get a dvom and check ohms from batt ground to blue wires. see if they might just be a ground. or find a used harness and install. what sucks is the system is mostly dead until running so hard to know if powers or ground

i have a manual at home. can try and check later wiring diagram is a cluster f@ck though

i have a manual at home. can try and check later wiring diagram is a cluster f@ck though
Boy ain’t that the truth! Gotta be an engineer to understand that. I was hoping not to take the harness apart anymore than I have to. Trying to keep the integrity of it. Be great if someone actually had one of these out on a scrap sled and just look to see how they go. Thanks btw!!

Just about positive they are all ground wires. should be a ground block at other end of chewed wires. Just wrap wires together (keep all brown and all blue with same) and solder. Tape or shrink wrap and you should be good. Going from memory but think I have it right.

Back