• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 attak gt turns over won’t start no dash lights

Ok so I figured out diagnostics mode from a nytro post. Not exactly same codes because 3 cylinder but close enough. Did spark test, which is damn cool by the way, and had spark on #1 cylinder but nothing on the other 3. As I’m looking for anything along the harness for a break or cut I felt something hot. It was the #4 coil. Mind you the key was off and nothing touching it. I unplugged it right away. I put that on the #1 wire to see if it still worked. I turned it over and it still works. So I unplugged the coil harness and checked it over. Nothing appears to be wrong with it. All wires look good. So somewhere from the coil harness plug back to ecu? If this makes sense to anyone please chime in.

Ok so I figured out diagnostics mode from a nytro post. Not exactly same codes because 3 cylinder but close enough. Did spark test, which is damn cool by the way, and had spark on #1 cylinder but nothing on the other 3. As I’m looking for anything along the harness for a break or cut I felt something hot. It was the #4 coil. Mind you the key was off and nothing touching it. I unplugged it right away. I put that on the #1 wire to see if it still worked. I turned it over and it still works. So I unplugged the coil harness and checked it over. Nothing appears to be wrong with it. All wires look good. So somewhere from the coil harness plug back to ecu? If this makes sense to anyone please chime in.
Cylinder 2 is 31, 3 is 32 and 4 is 33

high resistance can cause hot wires. check from ecm to coil with ohm meter. (both circuits) ecm and coil unplugged(.5 ohm cool maybe even 1.0 .sometimes meters are off)

Do you understand that there was only supposed to be spark to #1 and not the other three with the test that was performed?

Do you understand that there was only supposed to be spark to #1 and not the other three with the test that was performed?
No I did not understand that. That’s very helpful. However I did turn it over and there was no spark on those either. Now that I understand that I will go back and check again.

I’ve looked over the harness from coils back to ecu and cannot find any issues with the wires. Ohm tested to about .4. Ohm tested coils and all are at 1.8. If I test the coil terminals with multimeter when turning it over I’m getting different readings from all 4 at the point each is to fire. What sends the signal to the ecu for each cylinder to fire? Cylinder identification sensor? And why spark on #1 but not the others? I’m running out of ideas. Still not totally sure of the severed brown (chocolate) wires either. Waiting for Travis at BOP to get back to me also. Anyone with a wire harness from one these that can shed some light would be appreciated so I can at least take that out of the equation.

Can you post a good picture of the electrode end of your spark plugs please?

Back