• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 apex exhaust

moses3m

Veteran
yamaha has problems with there 06 apexes exhausts the gaskets wear out at about 5000 miles
i own an 07 and i would like to know did yamaha make any changes to adress this problem any help?

Myself and 4 other '07 Apex riders check ours and found them to be OK. We all have over 3000 miles and 1 had 4600. I'd wait until you start noticing a leak.

It seems fairly consistant. I had the same results when I pulled mine apart as far as good, bad and completely gone. I have noticed that most of those who have posted have had similar findings. It would have been interesting to keep track of the locations of the good donuts vs the completely gone donuts I think there may be a pattern.

thanks for the info. i'll keep my eyes and ears open i would like to keep hearing more info on this keep up the great work

Len Todd said:
Mine are still holding tight at 8K+ miles. Knock on wood.

I believe the 04's use steel headers and they don't suffer anywhere near as much with the header problem compared to an Apex.

I have heard of some guys installing 04 RX-1 headers on their Apex and they claim they don't break. I believe they had to slightly modify the headers to make them work though.

talked to yamaha rep today showed him mine he said he has nerver seen or heard of this problem but said they have no problems with this i was the first one he has seen whata good Bulls***er

darv said:
talked to yamaha rep today showed him mine he said he has nerver seen or heard of this problem but said they have no problems with this i was the first one he has seen whata good Bulls***er

What a #$%&* he ought to lose his job. How can these "so called Reps" be that much in the dark over problems with our sleds. Makes you wonder if they even ride one. They might as well hire monkeys. He wouldn't look like such a dimwit if he acknowledged the problem and said he's informed the appropriate people at Yamaha.

Back