• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 phazer fan questions

Country
USA
Snowmobile
13 xtx nytro stage 1 turbo
Sorry to beat a dead horse on this phazer topic. I am a nytro guy. My son saved up his money from working all summer and just bought a 07 base phazer. I called my Yamaha dealer and they ran the Vin numbers and said all the updates are done??? I get it home and see no fan??? I researched the fan on this great site and saw the r6 e bay fan option but...... I have no plug wired for the fan. Is it possible to still wire this fan up or am I forced to buy a whole new wiring harness??

Thanks for all the help
Brian

If you want fan to come on automatically when warm you will need to switch the harness. You can wire it up with a toggle switch so you can manually turn it on when temp light comes on. I have r6 fans in stock and also have harnesses if you go that route.

Yup. What your dealer should have said was "All recalls are done". The fan,suspension and all the others are updates covered under Technical Bulletins. They were done on a as needed basis. and most would be expired by now. Possibly the grounding block one is still available but I believe your 07 std isnt among those involved. Take some pics of your suspension and we can tell you if is updated. Tunnel block off is self explanatory. Is a ton of help here and most updates can be done fairly inexpensivly with resources here.

Here are some pictures of the skid not sure what is updated?
Thanks Brian

Attachments

• 100_0132.JPG
    100_0132.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_0135.JPG
    100_0135.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 135
The one for the ground block has (surprisingly) no time limit, as well as another for a quality assurance for snow ingestion and the airbox screen retaining clips. Strangely, I can't find any bulletin for the fan. I think it was just done under warranty when owners complained about overheating. For the tunnel block off, it was a customer expense. They just listed the parts required in the bulletin.

4u that is original non updated suspension. Those are also oil shocks. If he is aggressive rider it will not hold up. If set on hard the rear will kick back badly. Obviously it lasted this long since I don't see anything broke. If your son is a new rider and starting off slow it may be fine for awhile but might want to start looking especially for the rear shock. Is a lot of post on this but basically the link and front arm its attached to fail and are replaced by better parts.

Be sure to replace the front idler/suspension bar, which was replaced with a stronger one by Yamaha??? Is this Aluminum Piece in one of the pictures you sent me MOOSEMAN?? Where do I find That piece? Just order one from a newer phazer?

It's the round bar that holds two idler wheels as well as the suspension so it doesn't wind up like a banana like in this photo:

new-linkage-004-jpg.39609

Yes, just order it from Yamaha, along with some new round plastic bushings that go in there and on the other end of the black H arm. If you or someone else can weld, the current arm can be welded to look like the new on the right. The top part also has to be reinforced.

It's the round bar that holds two idler wheels as well as the suspension so it doesn't wind up like a banana like in this photo:

new-linkage-004-jpg.39609

Yes, just order it from Yamaha, along with some new round plastic bushings that go in there and on the other end of the black H arm. If you or someone else can weld, the current arm can be welded to look like the new on the right. The top part also has to be reinforced.

The 07 arm can be reinforced however if you get the updated billet link like shown in the photo on the right it will not fit on the 07 arm. The billet link is wider than steel link.

If you have issues starting when cold there was a fix for that is now expired. The fix was a new ECU, I found two on Ebay back when I had Phazers.

Back