• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer FX Shock Rebuildable?

woodydog

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Polaris Rush Axys Pro S 800 60th Anniversary
2015 Yamaha SR Viper RTX DX
1983 Yamaha Vmax 540
1981 Yamaha SRX 440
My sled has this shock in it.
Is it rebuildable? It doesn't come up after I push down on the back of the sled.
Who would you suggest I have do it?
Cost estimate?
Thanks,
md

Attachments

• 07_phazer_fx_Susp3_4.jpg
    07_phazer_fx_Susp3_4.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 224

yes rebuildable, typically $30-$40 bucks per assuming they re-valve it to your specific weight/driving styled

yep, take a look for some vendors on this site.

or they might even chime in to help.

i've heard a few people use them before.
i have never had any shocks rebuilt before so i can't say who's good & not.
i'd call some places; hygear, pioneer perf, carver & others and see if they're within your pricing & how the service is.

Your shock does not lift your sled back up after you push it down. The springs do. Your shock is fine. Is your sled on dollies?

It's not on Dollies. It's my girlfriends sled, it only has 3,000 miles on it. It has never acted the way it does now. I turned the clicker all the way to hard from where it was set, about 5 clicks from full soft and it didn't make a difference. I can only assume the shock needs a rebuild. I can push it all the way down till it bottoms, it does not raise back up. She only weighs about 120 suited up. I don't know what else it could be?

what are the torsions set on? if they are on soft, it's barely going to move after you push down.

With 3000 miles you are due for a rebuild anyways. gets the oil changed and freshens the shock up. Revalves make a big difference.

I changed them to medium from soft after it bottomed so easily with me pushing on it and wouldn't come back up unless I lifted it up. Do I have to pull the skid to get the shock out?
Thanks for all of the comments and ideas.
md

Back