• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 apex stage 1 supercharger low rpm miss rough idle

greenmtnboys

Veteran
Hey guys Ive got a miss at about 12 to 15 percent throttle that seems like you are shutting off the ignition for a split second repeatedly and a rough idle (low and loaping) If I crack the throttle it takes off and sounds perfect. I changed my plugs and nothing changed ,battery is fully charged.I had a look for vacuum leaks and didn't find anything, disconnected the TORS no change.Getting frustrated
My tps shows 3% closed and 100% open on my dyno jet gauge

Last edited:

Vacuum leaks, I fought this for 3 years and finally bought all brand new vacuum lines that go behind the TBs, and wouldn't you know it was a pinhole under a 90 degree prebent hose that was only visible when I pulled it apart. No idea how that got there. I know you say you 'checked' but they are insanely difficult to find, at least for me it was anyway. Ran smooth as butter after that.

vacumn-hose-leak-jpg.67930

ok vacuum line are good so I pulled the TPS and with a multi meter it doesn't seem to be working two of the wires black and blue you variation but yellow and blue does nothing? any experience out there

Just an update miss is still there but It looks like my air fuel sensor has packed it in and is messing with the auto tune. So that's the next step. Its pretty cold for sleddin right now anyway

Well that won't help matters. Keep chipping away when you can.

I could never get O2 Sensors to last. I had it mounted at the right angle, and took care to let it 'heat' up on key start, never mattered. After 1000 miles or one year it was done. I would never engine management based on O2 info again. Even on my Motec I will run in open loop to stay on the map vs closed loop on a O2. I will log the O2 and trust the readings until it craps out. Good luck!

Back