• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'08 Nytro Recall on lower A-arm ball joints

MotoPsycho said:
woodsrider said:
I don't see why the tank should fail. It looks like the same tank they have used since the first RX1. They must have made it out of thinner stuff for weight savings.

Us Nytro riders are all ANIMALS, and ride 'em like we stole 'em? ;)!

who me? (in my alfred e newman look) LaLaLa :o|

Anyone have bulletin numbers that I can write down and take to the dealer for the wet foot and the wiring harness?

I had both lowers and top ball joints fail. One so badly it wore into the A-Arm.......... Got that all fixed up before this season, but had not heard of the two other bulletins.

Just had my first ride with new ball joints last weekend. Way better. Got some fresh grommer lines and I was suprised how much less effort it took on the corners.

Dealer hooked me with a new plate and the wiring harness too. Just got to put the plate in. That we foot really drove me nuts last month when it was uber cold and blower pow. Never knew how bad that problem was till then.

tomMTX said:
Just had my first ride with new ball joints last weekend. Way better. Got some fresh grommer lines and I was suprised how much less effort it took on the corners.

he he.. told yah... The lower ball joints are one of those things where you don't realize how bad they actually are until you get them fixed.

Does it feel like you got power steering now?

I called the dealer tonight just before they closed and had them run the VIN on the 08' I just picked up. He said that the ball joints and the harness were still needed to be recalled and it wouldn't cost me anything to have them replaced. He said the warranty on my sled was up in 2010 but these parts are part of a recall for safety reasons. He ordered the parts and said they would call me when the parts were in to schedule the service.